cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please let us disable or dismiss "Your computer doesn't meet Rift's recommended specifications"

shockslayer84
Explorer
zwbpp2lccz79.jpg
Yes I get it, my i7 3770 is like 1 percent worse than the recommended i5 but that doesn't mean it's not VR ready.  It's not like i'm running an Intel Pentium 4.

Please, this message is very annoying and ruins the complete look and feel of Oculus Home for me and others.

Even people on Reddit are starting to complain about it and it will only get worse once more people receive their Rifts and start to download the software https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4d6gt1/stop_telling_me_im_unworthy/

I understand that you guys want people to be aware of how their VR experience could be poor if they aren't using at least the minimum recommended specs and that's why i'm not advocating to remove the message entirely, but to at least let the user dismiss or hide it once they've acknowledged it.

I know it's not one of those ground breaking bugs high on your radar but it would be nice to know at least that it's on the "to do" list of thing to address.

Thanks!
65 REPLIES 65

edmg
Trustee
I suspect it's something the Facebook lawyers won't let them remove, in case people complain about getting sick on a low-end system.

shockslayer84
Explorer

edmg said:

I suspect it's something the Facebook lawyers won't let them remove, in case people complain about getting sick on a low-end system.

That makes sense but isn't that something they can just include in the EULA instead of showcasing in Oculus Home?

edmg
Trustee
Only lawyers read EULAs.

joan
Protege

edmg said:

Just have a "Got it" or "OK" button. Once you click that it's an acknowledgment that you knew and you waive your right to complain. It's a standard UX.

IamScix
Honored Guest
yes very frustrating, having same issue

dinoroger
Adventurer
I found you can remove the message with a few hardware changes. 😉

Lucky_D
Heroic Explorer

dinoroger said:

I found you can remove the message with a few hardware changes. 😉

I found this funny.  Thank you, I need a laugh to day!

Felixm477
Expert Protege
is it that serious? lol

Lucky_D
Heroic Explorer

Felixm477 said:

is it that serious? lol

What? Not meeting minimum hardware specs?  It can be, depending on how far from minimum you are.  This is a device that can under the wrong conditions or on an under powered system can induce vomiting, eye strain and headaches.