New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Running DK2 Titles on a CV1

amishcon1amishcon1 Posts: 4
NerveGear
My CV1 arrived and I'm really enjoying the upgrade!  But I'm not one to be locked in to the Oculus Store.  Has anybody had success running DK2 content on the CV1?  There is toggle the Desktop version of Home to 'allow unknown sources' (settings > general).  But if I just execute a DK2 title, it shows up on the main screen and not in the CV1.  Anybody have any success with DK2 or other non-store content?
Tagged:

Comments

• TinindilTinindil Posts: 74
    Hiro Protagonist
    I think many people have already posted - as well as Oculus to say the title needs to be compatible with 1.3 SDK, if not, it wont work on the CV1 - so its down to the developer to upgrade it to 1.3 SDK!
  • goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 538
    Trinity
    You're not locked in to the Oculus Store.  You can configure the runtime to allow unknown sources, so any software compiled with SDK 1.3 will work. 
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    edited April 2016
    The only apps that will work with the consumer Rift software are those apps that were built with SDKs 1.3 (or newer). Since SDK 1.3 came out publicly last week, that means all previous DK2 content won't work at all (so don't bother trying). However, you can ask developers of those apps to rebuild their app with the new SDK.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • amishcon1amishcon1 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Thanks for all the great feedback.  I'll be looking forward to more apps upgraded to SDK 1.3.  In the meantime, there's plenty of content in the store that's pretty insane.  Will I ever get sleep ...