cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forest Radio

Ananas
Explorer
Is it raining outside? Life is stressing and you'd like to relax? When was the last time you enjoyed a picnic?

Forest Radio is just a small little demo I made. I started learning Unity couple months ago so this is my first public release. None of the models, objects or music are mine. Everything is from Unity or from free sites.

It isn't much but hope you enjoy it.
Controls:
Tab: Turn on radio/change song

And the billboard trees are buggy, I know.

Download link:
Windows
2 REPLIES 2

whoisonline
Explorer
My take on Forest Radio
An interesting way to spend some VR time, especially after the hard workout you've had with the other VR demos.
I think I also need to try this one laying down, as sitting up in a chair whilst looking at the floor thats close to your head in your demo can be confusing. Anyway, thanks for that, a leisurely demo.

I've posted on
http://virtualreality.com.au/2013/08/11/demo-forest-radio/

jokimazi
Honored Guest
Amazing demo, one of the nicest ones. I laid back on my sofa and enjoyed some songs you had there.

Some suggestions:

*it might be just my PC but I can't play this demo in windowed mode in my native resolution 1920x1080, everything is white, with graphical artifacts, so I can use any other music on my PC or Spotify to playback any song I want.
    *An ability to use controller, as it is a pain to stand look for tab even on a wireless keyboard.
    *The trees should have animation. If not all of them just the one,where we are laying at.
    *Maybe add a squirell or little birds to add some things to view while lounging.
    *Butterflies and moving clouds would add greatly for immersion, the same as an animated sun.
    *Wind sounds stop after like 10 minutes in the game
    *I work in Hospitality- Hotel business. This and blue marble are the two demos,that give a nice escape, so choice of music change would be really nice.

Thanks!

-Toms

P.s. You have inspired me to, start my own demo. 🙂
Edit: Unity Trial 4 months should be enough to play around but I'm worried, that If I get hooked up on it I wouldn't be able to afford 1500$ and would have been wasted 4 months learning Unity and would have to switch an engine.