[SOLVED] Blocked in "Adjust Your Focus" for 2 days now. — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

[SOLVED] Blocked in "Adjust Your Focus" for 2 days now.

MrKaktusMrKaktus Posts: 81
Hiro Protagonist
edited April 2016 in Support
Skipping “Check your Setup” leads to deadlock / limbo state in installer at “Adjust Your Focus” (I don’t see anything in HMD, it’s black). I cannot use back arrow to move back, I cannot reset the setup, Oculus app/setup is locked at this state and even full reinstall of the Oculus app is not helping as it’s immediately jumping to “Adjust Your Focus” step.

1. How to RESET the Setup process to start from beginning ?
  2. How to verify if HMD is receiving signal through HDMI cable ? (is there any other status light except of proximity sensor ?)

Try to imagine how frustrated I am, even first Vive Dev Kit (which was a nightmare to properly setup) was more reliable than this.

Comments

• MrKaktusMrKaktus Posts: 81
    Hiro Protagonist
    I'm wondering if I need to FORMAT my Hard Drive to get this Setup Reset (I won't), or will somebody provide simple answer to that? How it could go so wrong?
  • NalinNalin Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    You could try plugging your monitor into your HDMI cable to see if it works.  Did you plug the HDMI cable into your video card or your motherboard?
    Hiro Protagonist
    I have NVidia Quadro M5000 which is Supported. It has 4 DisplayPorts. I'm using DP->DVI->HDMI adapter. It worked fine with DK2.

It also still doesn't solve the "Stuck in Setup" issue. I tried to press blindly Xbox Pad A/B and all the other buttons to just go forward but nothing happens. As there is no Tray icon to check HMD status, it looks like I will need to use SDK Samples to debug through signals returned by Runtime. (If I would be Customer , I would request refund at this point as it is a joke).
  • bbittnerartbbittnerart Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Hey MrKaktus.  I've had similar issues with the installer and this happens to be one of them.  I have found that deleting the Oculus folders in C:\users\yourusernamehere\AppData\Local ,  LocalLow, and Roaming will revert the installer back to the beginning.  in Roaming make sure you delete both the Oculus folder and Oculus Client folder.  If you want to avoid this you can skip the setup entirely and at least enter the desktop store UI and then choose to complete setting up your hardware later.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Dude !! Thanks! I will check that as soon as I will get back from work. 
    It's just so disappointing that we're all in the dark here (and I'm getting help from you instead of Support). 
    I'm wondering if my Sensor/HMD even works...
    Anyway many thanks for this hint!
    NerveGear
    I know :(

I've had so much trouble it's incredible.  I know my sensor and headset both work at least because I plugged it all into my laptop first and it all went fine.  It was just a little under-powered so had some lag.  My big desktop machine though has been one issue after another.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Ok, so I've reset whole setup, and my sensor works properly as I was able to go through "Confirm Sensor Tracking" step, but after reaching "Adjust Your Focus" I don't see anything in the HMD. So I don't know if HMD is ok, if signal is reaching it or what. Where I can find logs about HMD?

Did anybody at Oculus tested GPU's with DisplayPort ? 
    Do I need DisplayPort->HDMI converter?
    Currently I'm using: DisplayPort-DVI + DVI->HDMI
    Is audio signal passed directly through HDMI ?  ( I don't hear anything as well )
  • We need more games, Halo,Call of duty, just more action game kids aren't the only ones like video games
    NerveGear
    I'm stuck where you are at currently now MrKaktus.  I've been told that the audio runs through USB.  Others have been able to hear audio but with no video.  I get neither as well.  I've tried every type of converter with no changes.
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited April 2016
    I'm downloading SDK and will probe whatever I can myself through debugger. 
    Hiro Protagonist
    Using Windows "Playback Devices" panel, I've confirmed that Rift headphones are working (right click on "Headphones/Rift Audio" and choose Test). So I've narrowed down the issue to display.
    Hiro Protagonist
    And looks like that's the root cause :
    "18:27:03.351 {!ERROR!} [Errors] OVR Error:
      Code: -3000 -- ovrError_Initialize
      System error: -1529741307 (a4d20005) -- (unknown)
      Description: Not enough bandwidth to support required video mode.
      OVRTime: 493.149430
      Time: 2016-04-07 18:27:03 [350:731:200]
    "

Hiro Protagonist
    Hiro Protagonist
    Last experiment:

I've restarted PC and booted it in 1920x1080/60hz/8bpp resolution. It didn't helped as well. (while the same GPU was capable of handling TWO 4K @ 60Hz displays AND Oculus DK2 at the same time). So I blame Oculus, as their Software refuses to run on GPU for 2000$.

At this moment there is nothing else I can do except of requesting for refund (nobody from Support answered to my Issue even though I was updating it with all the findings).

So @cybereality what you advice me to do ?
    Hiro Protagonist
    Hmm maybe it's broken afterall. New log:

18:53:55.039 {INFO}    [HardwareManager] Got firmware version event for WMHD302D1005EG with type headset/unknown of correct version with current = 707 / 41670b3eb7 and latest = 707 / 41670b3eb7

and 

18:54:31.435 {INFO}    [DeviceEvent] HMD [WMHD302D1005EG] HealthChanged -4201 IMU average latency too high (expected with Touch): HMD 51, CPU 1011
    18:54:31.435 {INFO}    [HardwareManager] HMD WMHD302D1005EG got health event with error code -4201
    18:54:31.571 {WARNING} [HW:Health] Hardware health is BAD.
      0037 WMHD302D1005EG: 0xffffffffffffef97 (-4201): ovrError_IMURateError IMU average latency too high (expected with Touch): HMD 51, CPU 1011
      IMU Stats

Hiro Protagonist
    Solved by using this adapter:
    http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Gold-Plated-DisplayPort-Adapter/dp/B00K0UDYLM?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

BTW: Support still didn't replayed to my original issue. 
    I've received Oculus in Tuesday and I'm able to use it Sunday morning...
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    @MrKaktus Sorry I couldn't help. Looking back, I could see how using 2 adapters would cause problems. I've used that exact adapter, and it seems to work fine. I also used a DVI adapter and an HDMI extension cable. However, using them together (the adapter and extension) seemed to make the headset not be detected.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • useruser Posts: 8
    Me too for the blocked in "Adjust your Focus" page, my Rift no display due to unknown problem. You can't even turn back or click on Setting, and after restart the software/PC it will automatically come back to this "Adjust your Focus" page, which I though is some sort of joke.
    My solution is to keep clicking on the remote control button till it switch to setup ok then you can click on Visit Store.