New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Glasses just for VR headsets (Vive & Rift)

Mr.CreepyMr.Creepy Posts: 792
Neo
edited April 2016 in General
Just found this, i don't wear glasses but maybe some you guys that do are interested in this. :smile: Note that lenses are purchased seperately.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/451454651/vr-lens-lab-glasses-for-virtual-reality-headsets/description

Comments

• amegasamegas Posts: 59
    Hiro Protagonist
    Cool, those guys are only 80km away from my home. So i am in. Ordered 2.
  • comixcrozcomixcroz Posts: 210
    Art3mis
    I was about to place my order as well but if you read the description fully, they aren't offering "prescription glasses" with the kickstarter.  The kickstarter just gives you clear lenses to protect the HMDs lens from scratches and dust.  

Apparently, the prescription piece will not be added until after the kickstarter and then you will be able to order them directly from their website.  

That's the impression I got anyways.  
  • Mr.CreepyMr.Creepy Posts: 792
    Neo
    edited April 2016
    comixcroz You are correct, you can buy lenses from their site or optician but they aren't included. It says so clearly in the boxes where you fund them. Everybody should read that.
    Art3mis
    Mr.Creepy said:
    comixcroz You are correct, you can buy lenses from their site or optician but they aren't included. I added that part to my post. I just assumed people would read it all. 
    The whole thing is a little confusing to me.  They seem to be custom shaped so how would you buy them from your optician?  Also, you can't the buy the prescription lenses at all yet, right?  
  • Mr.CreepyMr.Creepy Posts: 792
    Neo
    Your right, you can't buy them until the kickstarter is over. I don't know anything about buying lenses from an optician, but they say in their description that you can buy from them or an optician. 
    Art3mis
    ok - maybe they can shape the lenses any which way if you simply bring in the frames.  This seems ideal to me, so I just backed as well.