How To Get Logs For Bug Reports for Consumer Rift (1.3+) - Page 3 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How To Get Logs For Bug Reports for Consumer Rift (1.3+)

Comments

• NetRacerNetRacer Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Help Help please
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    It looks like there is some issue saving to your C: drive. I'm not 100% sure why that would be the case. Do you know what the file system format is on your C: drive? Is it using RAID or something else fancy? I guess it could be anti-virus/security software related, but that is less likely.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • martinkyhl77martinkyhl77 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Please help, it is unplayable like this. I´m lucky if i get 5 min of gaming, then i get Headset HDMI cable plug in error.
  • Jimvdl88Jimvdl88 Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    can't find c:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
    NerveGear
    edited January 2017
    i got thiis steamvr log hmd  doesn't work sound only in oculus app ... says hmm this shouldn't have happened in steam vr mode 

how do i upload the file from the steamvr log ?
    NerveGear
  • reddeath360reddeath360 Posts: 342
    Art3mis
    here ya go let me know if you find anything
    NerveGear
    @reddeath360 WHERE DID U GET THAT LOG PLZ ?
    Art3mis
    Jimvdl88 said:
    @reddeath360 WHERE DID U GET THAT LOG PLZ ?

fallowed his instructions at the top of the page
    Art3mis
    Jimvdl88 said:
    can't find c:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics

just look in program files without the x86
  • danielsantana07danielsantana07 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Guys, i use oculus most for racing simulators. I am experiencing a kind of quick freezes or a missing frames sometimes while i am playing.
    This is quite annoying. I just upgraded my PC and with my previous setup i am almost sure that it was not happening. Tried windows 10 first, windows 8.1 and now windows 7. All the same problem.
    I'm seeing this error:
    Cannot serialize non-finite value
    But I'm not really sure how to fix that. Maybe try contacting support.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • danielsantana07danielsantana07 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I'm seeing this error:
    Cannot serialize non-finite value
    But I'm not really sure how to fix that. Maybe try contacting support.
    Thank you, cybereality.
    Yeah, i have noticed that too. No clue? I will try contacting support.
  • IBootlegIBootleg Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I included my log on my other post that i made before this one.  Please let me know

Title: My oculus store doesn't even load anymore......

• shortie115shortie115 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Hi there - ever since I installed the firmware update 1.11, I can no longer download or install any new Oculus software. Always an error message telling me there was a problem. Tried restarting Oculus home and my PC, nothing has worked. I have a Dell XPS 8900 (Oculus PC bundle). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  • TheSmokeFatherTheSmokeFather Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited February 2017
    HI, Here are my logs from a few days before the 1.11 patch along with my logs after the patch. 

Patch definitely fixed my display sporadically jumping up and down. It still jumps every once in a while but but its almost non existent now, thank you! 

Floor height is changing on me and I have to constantly reset. I noticed this in Arizona sunshine in oculus home but the major problem is when I load up games via steam.

tracking is still an issue. I would say I get "good" tracking. Tracking is usually good, sometime great sometimes not so good, never perfect, never flawless, never terrible.

As of right now I am happy with my 3 sensor set up (although I would still expect a smoother experience in the future), these are just for you guys to look at for future patches. 

Thanks for all your hard work.
  • simomfishsimomfish Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    oculus rift cv1 and dk2 dont work , plz help me.
  • zockyzocky Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Yes, so quickly can one lose the desire.
    DK2 bought totally besgeistert, immediately ordered the Rift CV. Only 9 months wait, and all super. I thought, Then change from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Weill no longer runs everything on Windows 7. Everything is still good. Then usb problems, expansion card bought. Sometimes everything did not run at all.
    Because always HDMI disconnect! 2 times Log file Uploaded, No info or reply. Now I have seen the HDMI plug a pin is broken off. Think it is. So Esatz cable ordered. And that was it. 1000 € = Rift + Touch, New PC + USB card = 1000 €, 60 € = replacement cable. If that did not help it was for me. And I'll buy a Vive next month. Sorry for My Translation With Goggle Translator. I can not speak English very well.
  • jakeytjakeyt Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Can anyone help - Oculus was working fine now not working.  Get an orange light and not even black screen on the rift.  Error logs attached (which I have no idea how to read).  I do see the not enough bandwidth error in there that seems to be common - so i am thinking it might be a cable issue.  I havent installed any software that should cause an issue.  Any ideas?
  • Bruno_BGPBruno_BGP Posts: 22
    NerveGear
    Getting mad with this oculus rift man, for real. I shouldn't have bought it. Spend money for nothing.
  • SergMatrixSergMatrix Posts: 64
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited March 2017
    Juyst bought new consumer Oculus Rift  CV1. i can install headset but can't install sensor . i tried EVERYTHING . How to install sensor ? (it only listed in devIce manager as  CV1 without drivers)

I'm not sure, but it may be best to submit a support ticket. Thanks.
    https://support.oculus.com/
  • paesanpaesan Posts: 51
    Hiro Protagonist
    Rift has been running perfect since purchase May 2106, since 1.3 update I am getting USB connects/disconnects. USB keyboard and mouse also stop working. I have 3 sensors and the rift all connected to the MB. Never had an issue with this setup until the new 1.3 update. Thanks.
    Intel i7 7700k | Asus ROG Strix Z270E | G Skill Ripjaws 32GB 3200 | Asus GTX1080-O8G
    EVGA Supernova 850 G2 | Samsung 960 Pro M.2 500GB | Swiftech H240 X2 | WD Black 5TB | WD Black 4TB
    Toshiba 1TB | Corsair Graphite 760T | Windows 10 64 bit | Rift CV1 + Touch | StarTech 4 port PCI Express USB 3 - 5Gbps
  • SkipChurchSkipChurch Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    edited April 2017
    Same setup and issues as paesan above. I'm getting USB connects/disconnects as well. USB keyboard and mouse freeze and force a reboot. Also with 3 sensors and everything connected to the mobo. However, I'm a new user and have had no past experience.

I've also posted an issue I'm having with installing some games.
  • malotomaloto Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Touch controllers are vibrating in short bursts and I cannot use them to select items on Home however they are tracking. The tracked hands are visible and change appropriately when I press the touch buttons but the hands are blinking in and out.
  • mescadmescad Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    <fixed issue>
  • cedcedccedcedc Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited April 2017

• cedcedccedcedc Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Oculus logs file ...
  • MagestriMagestri Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    If you are experiencing issues either installing or using the consumer Rift hardware or software package (1.3 or newer), then please be sure to provide the following logs when reporting the issue.

If your issue is with the setup installer, either having errors or not completing, do these steps.

Open a File Explorer window and paste this in the URL field:
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\
    Then look for "OculusSetup.log" and upload it to your post. Please do *not* just copy/paste the text into the post area, as this becomes difficult to read. This folder may be hidden. Make sure you go into the Folder Options and choose Show Hidden Files and Folders first.

If you are having any other sort of problem after the installation, do the following.

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
    C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
    and upload the zip file to your post.

Thanks.
    Everything was fine a few hours ago, now it wants my sensors to be like 8 ft from each other, and keeps saying get closer, then it says move sensor and reset... Your assistance would be appreciated. 

thanks