cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Get Logs For Bug Reports for Consumer Rift (1.3+)

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you are experiencing issues either installing or using the consumer Rift hardware or software package (1.3 or newer), then please be sure to provide the following logs when reporting the issue.

If your issue is with the setup installer, either having errors or not completing, do these steps.

Open a File Explorer window and paste this in the URL field:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\
Then look for "OculusSetup.log" and upload it to your post. Please do *not* just copy/paste the text into the post area, as this becomes difficult to read. This folder may be hidden. Make sure you go into the Folder Options and choose Show Hidden Files and Folders first.

If you are having any other sort of problem after the installation, do the following.

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file to your post.

Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
202 REPLIES 202

jab
Rising Star
Just a hint. How a bout actually telling the user what the problem is, you know in the actual installer UI.

Having the user doing a pointless reboot and retry dance until he either gives up, or is forced to search the forums and finds this post, is kinda silly yes?
After hours of doing the reboot (and cleaning up your mess filling my C drive) and reinstall dance, it took me 5 minutes to understand and fix the problem once I knew how to read the actual error message in the log.

Mine was that I have the Windows firewall disabled.
- Install 'Set up Windows Firewall rules.' failed.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, that's good feedback. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

rodgermoore
Explorer
I too had to dig around quite some time to find out what my problem was. Some content in Oculus Home was working, other content like "Henry" didn't. Running "Henry" straight from the Oculus Home installation directory "Program Files "x86" finally showed me the missing clue: "XAPOfx1_5.dll is missing". Running the DirectX webinstaller from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?DisplayLang=en&id=35 solved it.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Thanks for sharing @rodgermoore 

Yarnib
Honored Guest
I moved the question to main support .

robojihad
Explorer
I posted parts of this log in another thread.

My CV1 will initialize after a reboot if open the oculus runtime.  It will run for a few moments in the storefront and then freeze, terminate the audio, and then go black.  The white light turns amber, and I have to unplug everything and reattach it to try again.  Same, reproducible results.  Note: I have the latest runtime and my nvidia drivers are 368.22 and up to date.  I am curious as to what those error codes in my report mean specifically if staff would be nice enough to post. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Looks USB related. Can you try different USB ports (including USB 2.0 for the sensor)?

robojihad
Explorer
I switched out the USB connectors to other ones (I've only got 3.0 on this rig) and got the same results... at first!  I did a total uninstall of all USB hardware drivers, rebooted, and reinstalled them.  I was just able to watch a bunch of Jaunt videos with absolutely no issue.

Out of curiousity, what was it that you noticed that let you believe it was USB related? This was the second isolated time that this issue happened albeit this was much more pronounced.  Uninstalling and reinstalling USB drivers worked for me this time, but it'd be nice to know where to look to try and diagnose myself a bit better in the future. 

Thank you very much!  I would be bricked at the moment if you didn't help!

StevenPicard
Explorer
My CPU should support SSE 4.2. Attached is my log file.