New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

CV1 Setup: black screen at focus adjustment

ThorwanThorwan Posts: 5
NerveGear
edited April 2016 in Support
Hey! 
I finally got my CV1 and have some trouble getting it to work. 
I went through the steps to connect everything, adjusted the straps (and had a message in the Rift shown telling me to follow the instructions on my display, so it does work), updated firmware etc. But as I got to the part where I should use the Focus slider, the screen in the Rift was just black. 

So far, I've tried reinstalling the software several times (problem is it will continue right where it left off: IPD adjustment and black screen). Rebooting and connecting to different USB3 and HDMI ports didn't help either. 

i7 5930
X99-A USB3.1
GTX 980 Ti (ver 364.72)

Any suggestions? Is there a way to restart the setup from the beginning to see if everthing is still getting detected?

Comments

• nickludlamnickludlam Posts: 3
    edited April 2016
    I've got exactly this issue too. Currently doing a reinstall to see if I can move things along. EDIT: No, reinstalling doesnt help. Not sure where to go from here apart from attaching my logs. 

EDIT2: I've now got things working by using an HDMI-to-DVI converter, and plugging it into the 980 Ti DVI socket. 
  • ThorwanThorwan Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Yes, this seems to be related to my HDMI ports. Using a DVI-HDMI Adapter works fine for me, too.
  • SommerlundPrimeSommerlundPrime Posts: 1
    edited May 2016
    I'm having the same problem :(

EDIT: using at HDMI to DVI-D adapter and plugging the Rift into the DVI-D Port on my Graphics card seems to work.  Thanks for the tip nickludlam.
  • sandivuksandivuk Posts: 101
    edited May 2016
    Are you hearing the windows USB disconnect doubt when you try to put the headset on during this step? I was and that issue ultimately lead to the rift stopping working entirely.

You can restart the setup from the beginning by using something like Revo Uninstaller which will remove all traces of Oculus software from your machine

See my thread here for potential troubleshooting things that may help you:
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/35275/rift-kind-of-worked-for-a-day-now-will-not-even-be-detected-waiting-to-hear-back-from-support
  • PrimitivePrawn6PrimitivePrawn6 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have the same issue as "Thorwan." Here's my rig:
    - i7-6700k OC @4.6GHz
    - 16GB DDR4 @~2133Mhz
    - Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    - Asus ROG Strix z270-e
    I have 2 Display-Port outputs, 2 HDMI, and a DVI-D. I can hear audio, but there's a black screen during setup. Hopefully it fixes it, but from what I recall, there was still a driver failure within my device manager so I'm not completely sure it'll work.