New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Can't open Oculus Home on windows 10

rubixcube6rubixcube6 Posts: 164
Art3mis

When I try to open Oculus Home it gives me this "Can't reach oculus runtime service - Your Oculus software may be updating."

Anyone else get this issue and know how to fix it? http://imgur.com/RCtUNCc

Comments

• FX2KFX2K Posts: 254
    Nexus 6
    edited April 2016
    Not having that issue here, could it be firewall related?
    Maybe try a reinstall?
    CV1: Ordered 6th Jan 2016 - Est Delivery Some time in May...
    DK2: Ordered: 8th of Aug 2014 - Delivered: 14 Oct 2014
  • McShanusMcShanus Posts: 29
    Brain Burst
    If you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime and run OVRServer_x64.exe, Oculus Home should automatically launch if the headset is on (or run Oculus Home yourself if it doesn't)
    DK1--Order Date: August 09 -- Order#: 0659XX
    DK2--Order Date: July 30
    Order#: DK-028XXXX --- Location: Australia --- Status: Received---
  • DuncanDuncan Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    I am getting this error all the time, but not 100% depending on the day. You trick of running OVRServer_x64 directly works a treat. Thanks.
  • AndyW1384AndyW1384 Posts: 307
    Trinity
    edited June 2016
    I have this problem on any non-administrator account, even though OVRServer_x64 is running (or, at least, is in the process list). On my administrator account everything is fine. Annoying.

[edit]
    Huh. Well, at least sometimes OVRServer_x64 doesn't run on non-admin accounts. So why sometimes, and sometimes not? :(
  • Having the same problem. Only happens sometimes. Any fix?
  • DreakuDreaku Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    McShanus said:
    If you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime and run OVRServer_x64.exe, Oculus Home should automatically launch if the headset is on (or run Oculus Home yourself if it doesn't)
    This worked for me, thanks