New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Motion Controls for Oculus Rift Development Kit 2 (supported or not) and 3rd party motion controls

I want to know if the oculus rift motion controllers will be compatible with the DK 2 or not. I also wish to know if 3rd party motion controllers (assuming technologically it is capable that is) will be supported as well or will allow you to easily use them with the rift. It would be nice if this is the case but if not I think I'll manage just fine brute forcing it to work. Regardless, waiting for a positive answer.

Best Answer

Answers

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Touch controllers only work with the consumer Rift.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • I have no problem opening up a headset and mucking around with things. Soldering hasn't ever been a very big concern for me. I'll have to consider my options but thanks for the general input. Who knows, I may either find or create a guide for making motion controls on the DK 2 work.
  • DLFReporterDLFReporter Posts: 103
    Art3mis
    Why not go with LeapMotion? They work great (ok not with Touch Games, but to get the feeling of VR they're awesome)and are a nice substitution for motion controllers till you get the next Gen of VR gear.
    Ordered 20min in. -Waiting for April
  • godwispergodwisper Posts: 203
    Nexus 6
    sixense going to simulate the vive controllers/touch on the Hydra and Stem so these should work fine. Problem is Oculus which will not support the DK2