New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

War Thunder now with 1.3 support on normal client.

BloodletBloodlet Posts: 729
3Jane
edited May 2016 in Games and Apps
Found this statement from War Thunder CEO Anton Yudintsev on reddit.

Posted 7 hours ago:
"Only few major Oculus bugs left in tracker. Hope to iron Oculus support this week."

Link:
https://www.reddit.com/user/AntonYudintsev

This is great news. The one I've been waiting for since May 2015 ( I missed the update at the end of the year that got it working again lol).

Comments

• ThugThug Posts: 426
    Trinity
    Great news, loved WT
    CPU: Intel i7-5820k @3.30GHz,
    Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX1080,
    RAM: 16GB DDR5,
    Viewed on: Oculus Rift or 28" Dell monitor (x2),
    Hard Drive: 240GB OCZ SSD (games), 128GB Samsung SSD (OS), 64GB SSD (3d),
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,199 Valuable Player
    I hope the ipd is correct. Star conflict vr support was great but war thunder always made me horribly I'll and I did not want to Bork my other games by altering setting 
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • BloodletBloodlet Posts: 729
    3Jane
    edited April 2016
    The last time I played they had sorted the ipd and the scaling issues. It looked amazing and felt great. Unfortunately they caused issues with what became called ufo dots. This was where enemy icons displayed in a different area to where they actually were.

There was also no team/enemy markings at all.
    Also there was an issue with the holo sights not aligning properly.
    It was like they sorted the ipd for in game objects but screwed it up for the hud overlays.

Hopefully all this will have been solved.

As I said before I missed the 0.8 update working as I'd given up waiting by then. Not sure what was fixed in that one. They broke it again about a month later. lol

Edit: No knews on Star Conflict yet but it has been promised. ;)
  • ZuhZuh Posts: 256
    Nexus 6
    Great news. One of the biggest reasons I want Rift so badly is WT. 
  • GN-0283761GN-0283761 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    OMG!!! Hopefully this is the beginning of something great!!! I will be waiting
  • TheLawnmowerManTheLawnmowerMan Posts: 61
    Hiro Protagonist
    War Thunder (just free flight in sim mode and NOT doing combat) was the 2nd best Rift experience I had pre Rift Launch.  Still waiting on my CV1 (pushed back to early July sadly) but can't wait to get back into a warbird in VR!

#1 by the way, was Elite Dangerous.  I'm not an ED fan but they nailed the VR support!
    Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III
    R 'n' R Lawn Service
    Lake Ariel PA
  • pAnatiCpAnatiC Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    Still waiting :(
    3Jane
    edited April 2016
    They are obviously having problems with the tracking still.  Hoping it will be great if they're spending this much time on it.
    A dev did state he loves flying in VR too and want this update asap. So we have an inside man on the job ;)
    Nexus 6
    Any news about Rift support? :/
    3Jane
    Last statement I've seen from Anton was 4 days ago.

"We are late mainly due to cohesion of VR changes and other significant refactor of UI code..."

Not updates on the update yet though.

Meanwhile here's a pretty cool vid to make the wait even more frustrating :)

• DannyMNLDannyMNL Posts: 270
    Nexus 6
    edited May 2016
    3 days ago actually. apparantly it is now in QA.

source:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/4e69za/ive_gained_new_respect_for_gaijin/d2lke1c?context=3

Can't wait, this is the number 1 reason I bought my Rift!
    ASUS Z97-Pro Gamer | Palit GeForce GTX980 Super Jetstream 4Gb | i7-4790K 4.0Ghz | Crucial Ballistix 16Gb DDR3-1600 | Cooler Master G750M | Windows 10 64-bit | AOC G2460PG G-Sync 144hz 3D-monitor
  • SyntheticSynthetic Posts: 704
    Trinity
    patiently waiting on this
    gonna be good if they got the UI going in VR with it
    Nexus 6
    What is QA? ;)
    Trinity
    Quality testing phaze...usually in house..... just before they release
    Trinity
    edited May 2016
    just had a look on the forums and its done

(now, by selecting Oculus mode and using "Work in Developpement", it works!)

The first impressions are excellent, even in the low res of my DK2 I was able to make middle to very good performance during combat, both in tank and planes. 

Menus:
    - menus are perfectly readable

Tank:
    - ingame, added map at right of tank, damages at left is good idea, the options at low center are more problematic (could they be down the tank damage picture?) 
    - labels on players are OP
    - the gestion of view / mouse for canon / 2d when aiming are both realistics and usable. Binoculars view could be displayed in 3d.
    - the position of view (sim mode) could be lower of 10-20cm

Plane:
    - same excellent feeling like anterior rift implementation
    - no more positionnal tracking!! (for the moment...)
    - problem of reflector gunsight (Revi system), actually doesn't work as it should

Performance:
    Buttersmooth on my config (mid to high settings + DK2 + msi Laptop with 980M / i7)

All in all, it's a true pleasure to return to War Thunder in VR, thanks Gaijin!!

PRESS V to cycle into cockpit
  • diogofigueiredodiogofigueiredo Posts: 161
    Art3mis
    Wait, what? No positional tracking? Then it's not done yet.
    Owner of a DK2 since October 2014.
    Anxiously waiting for the delivery of the CV1.
    Trinity
    it has positional tracking... it just doesnt move the plane....

• diogofigueiredodiogofigueiredo Posts: 161
    Art3mis
    It's working! It's so beautiful! It has positional tracking! Now we just need a reset position key!
    Owner of a DK2 since October 2014.
    Anxiously waiting for the delivery of the CV1.
    Trinity
    C
    3Jane
    edited May 2016
    Wow. took my eyes off the ball for one day and they got it working...damn now I need to leave for work so can't even try it!
    Will check it out tonite..happy days!

Edit: How do you use "work in developement"?
  • ThugThug Posts: 426
    Trinity
    Is this the Steam version?
    CPU: Intel i7-5820k @3.30GHz,
    Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX1080,
    RAM: 16GB DDR5,
    Viewed on: Oculus Rift or 28" Dell monitor (x2),
    Hard Drive: 240GB OCZ SSD (games), 128GB Samsung SSD (OS), 64GB SSD (3d),
    Trinity
    yes steam version

tick the box "work in development" on the launcher
  • LjudasPriestLjudasPriest Posts: 47
    Brain Burst

Its a bit hard to see...
  • KangelosKangelos Posts: 102
    Brain Burst
    I tried it and i confirm it works like a charm. Btw my pc specs are not the best 
    and i still use a dk2 but with 1.3 runtime. 
    Smooth gameplay, no lag or latency. No motion sickness and really enjoyful experience!

Nexus 6
    Yep, works really good! Have tried some single-player missions in planes and 1 multiplayer battle in tank.
    Every setting maxed out and still running 85fps, damn this game looks cool!

Screen is a bit blurry so sadly spotting targets and precisely lining up shots is difficult, but the immersion more than makes up for it! Highly recommended!
    ASUS Z97-Pro Gamer | Palit GeForce GTX980 Super Jetstream 4Gb | i7-4790K 4.0Ghz | Crucial Ballistix 16Gb DDR3-1600 | Cooler Master G750M | Windows 10 64-bit | AOC G2460PG G-Sync 144hz 3D-monitor
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 3,736 Valuable Player

What's the feelng on this being ok without the DLC? Anyone have the Steam pack and have a view on whether it's worth buying?

Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1803 (17134.165)
  • cboy82cboy82 Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    anyone else just getting black screen on launch?
    Nexus 6
    DLC is overpriced for this game in my opinion. I bought a few packs but you can play just as well with the free content.

The thing I dislike about this game is that I initially created my account on my PS4 and bought DLC through the Playstation store. While the PS4 account can also be used to play on PC, you still have to buy DLC through the Playstation store. It will not allow you to buy DLC through the PC store unless you create a whole new account which will reset your progress and not allow you to play the DLC you already have.

3Jane
    I've been playing this for about 3 years. Never felt the need to buy anything.
    I really should support them for all this time spent ingame. lol
    3Jane

Its a bit hard to see...
    Thanks for posting this. I would never have seen that!