Got my April 12th update (bad news) — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Got my April 12th update (bad news)

ZomaZoma Posts: 13
NerveGear
Received my April 12th update.

Early-to-mid May for an 8:06 purchase (US) with a March estimate and the 1 to 3 weeks E-mail on 03/24 :(

Guess the E-mail meant 1 to 3 months :(

Comments

• awatts82awatts82 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Same
  • StelzerStelzer Posts: 119
    Same here. xxx248xxx 7min. Estimate shipping 02.05-12-05.
  • awatts82awatts82 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    From a March 28 th date to May 9th  at the earliest. 13min 0sec
  • PowerboyPowerboy Posts: 95
    Hiro Protagonist
    thank u oculus good work! wtf
  • PostalGoatPostalGoat Posts: 100
    Art3mis
    edited April 2016
    Mine updated too. A 26 with 06:14 now says estimated ship date 4/25 to 5/5

• DaveRDaveR Posts: 54
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited April 2016
    6/6 to 6/16 for my 32x order, ouch.

Looks like all the orders are a month delayed
  • PowerboyPowerboy Posts: 95
    Hiro Protagonist
    i think region is connected with shipment..
  • ZandilZandil Posts: 975
    3Jane
    edited April 2016
    So much for being early adopters lol 

Dear Oculus support team " INCOMIING "
  • Mine says 5/9 - 5/19, I had mine purchased within the first 10 minutes. Disappointing. My Vive is coming in April sometime. Hopefully there's some better games in May.
  • Fredd32Fredd32 Posts: 251
    Nexus 6
    I was late to the party and mine was a July estimate. updated to 7-18-16 to 7-28-16. Sorry to hear that the most die hard guys are getting hit the hardest.
  • SirDigbyCCSirDigbyCC Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    30x order in the UK gives me 6/13/2016 - 6/23/2016, May was the shipping estimate when I ordered.

Not the end of the world, but I won't be too impressed if it ends up being any later than that.
  • Mr.CreepyMr.Creepy Posts: 792
    Neo
    From June till July. Bummer!
  • yifei3496yifei3496 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    saw the update and it says estimated ship date 7/18-7/28. I just ordered a HTC vive and will come around May. so i'll just have to enjoy htc vive for about 2 month before rift show up.
  • V-WalkerV-Walker Posts: 108
    Wow!

Do they even explain why past their BS "component shortage"?

I wonder if they found a major flaw and are trying to make it better (lens flare?), though a Month doesn't buy much time.

Suddenly I can forgive HTC's slight f-up at launch. I wonder how longer delayed touch will be now too?

I was thinking of cancelling Vive and waiting gen 1 out after having enough BS from both sides (about launch) but this puts it into perspective. Oculus clearly are not able to perform. Bad investment.
  • ChassitChassit Posts: 178
    Art3mis
    Order created approximately 25 minutes since pre-order went live. Group 29. Estimated shipping date May 16 to 26. Man, seriously the only joke bigger than this in electronics/entertainment history is probably Duke Nukem Forever.
  • Mine got updated to the following:
    Order #
    276xxxx
    Estimated Ship Date
    5/9/2016 - 5/19/2016

US Address
  • Mr.CreepyMr.Creepy Posts: 792
    Neo
    Chassit said:
    Order created approximately 25 minutes since pre-order went live. Group 29. Estimated shipping date May 16 to 26. Man, seriously the only joke bigger than this in electronics/entertainment history is probably Duke Nukem Forever.
    Ok now, calm down. That may be pushing it a bit too much.
  • CaillinCaillin Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    edited April 2016
    I'm a Kickstarter backer, and my shipping just got updated to August!!!  So do i win a prize for going from March delivery to August? (5 month delay).  :(  I really would have just preordered if I knew this earlier.

Edit:  It looks like TheTwistgibber has confirmed that KS backers will continue to be distributed via an alternative allocation and will be updated so their order history shows TBD again.
  • ZandilZandil Posts: 975
    3Jane
    I got out of bed and spammed F5 for no bloody reason, I want my sleep back 
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Posts: 1,101
    3Jane
    edited April 2016
    I haven't gotten the email yet but my order page updated with the dates. 5/23/2016 - 6/2/2016 (originally April estimate, group 27). The really annoying thing is, I have two friends who managed to get their orders in before the official start, because I gave them the link, but for me the link didn't work, and then I had payment problems (though my bank said everything was fine), so my friends already have their Rifts and mine isn't coming for more than another month. One of them already finished Chronos, which was the #1 game I wanted to play!
  • RikkTheGaijinRikkTheGaijin Posts: 399
    Trinity
    297xxx
    5/16/2016 - 5/26/2016

Fuck.
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    LOL - Oh dear mine is Estimated Ship Date // 8/1/2016 - 8/11/2016
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • ZachSnyZachSny Posts: 144
    Art3mis
    Don't trust these estimates! I had a 4/18/2016 - 4/28/2016 estimated shipping date, but also just received an email that my Rift has shipped and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. There's still hope!
  • ChassitChassit Posts: 178
    Art3mis
    Zandil said:
    I got out of bed and spammed F5 for no bloody reason, I want my sleep back 

Not quite so. Now you are angrier aren't you? XD
  • ZuhZuh Posts: 256
    Nexus 6
    Mr.Creepy said:
    Chassit said:
    Ok now, calm down. That may be pushing it a bit too much.
    Experience says- NO. :(
  • L.E.D.BLUEL.E.D.BLUE Posts: 95
    Hiro Protagonist
    ZachSny said:
    Don't trust these estimates! I had a 4/18/2016 - 4/28/2016 estimated shipping date, but also just received an email that my Rift has shipped and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. There's still hope!
    That is only a week difference. Some people were pushed back 2 months.
  • CaillinCaillin Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    ZachSny said:
    That is only a week difference. Some people were pushed back 2 months.

Try 5 months in my case.