New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Payment blocked by bank on Fri - now a May estimated delivery? (email)

whoa182whoa182 Posts: 381
Trinity
edited April 2016 in General
My bank blocked the payment to Oculus on Friday because the fraud system thought it was suspicious. I've since called back the bank to let the next try go through, but Oculus has yet to try again :(

Got an email this morning from Oculus with an estimated delivery time... 
5/2/2016 - 5/12/2016

Since my order was ready to ship the other day, is this delivery date accurate? :neutral: 
CPU: i5-4690K 4.50 GHZ RAM: 8.00 GB Corsair Vengence GFX: Nvidia GTX 970 HDD: 2TB MONITOR: Samsung U28D590 27" 4K Res

Comments

• Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,837 Valuable Player
    Sounds like a tough break if it's delayed. Stop posting here and get on to Oculus support sharpish, amigo.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • whoa182whoa182 Posts: 381
    Trinity
    edited April 2016
    I did the other day and they responded quickly, which is great... But the only information I was given was that they'd try again on the next regional shipment. hmmm

Anyone else had their bank refuse and Oculus try charging again soon after?? (UK shipment).
    CPU: i5-4690K 4.50 GHZ RAM: 8.00 GB Corsair Vengence GFX: Nvidia GTX 970 HDD: 2TB MONITOR: Samsung U28D590 27" 4K Res
  • mattc1983mattc1983 Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    Have you checked UPS?? Same for me, email Friday no movement since and received the same email as everyone else today , order page still as pre order etc. But "my UPS" is showing for delivery tomorrow
  • r00xr00x Posts: 389
    Nexus 6
    @whoa182 ah, that sucks!! To my understanding if they fail on payment, you miss your slot in that batch. You get bumped to the next one.

That doesn't necessarily mean you'll be pushed to May, since they're allegedly shipping out batches all the time. Just presumably these are pretty small batches which is why some people are waiting so long.
    Trinity
    My original estimated ship date was March when I ordered as well. I think I got an order in within 5-6 minutes. A little disappointing if this new estimated date is true.
  • rilotrilot Posts: 20
    NerveGear
    mattc1983 said:
    Have you checked UPS?? Same for me, email Friday no movement since and received the same email as everyone else today , order page still as pre order etc. But "my UPS" is showing for delivery tomorrow
    How are you getting info in My UPS if the Oculus page still shows it as pre-order?
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,821 Valuable Player
    whoa182 said:
    I did the other day and they responded quickly, which is great... But the only information I was given was that they'd try again on the next regional shipment. hmmm

Anyone else had their bank refuse and Oculus try charging again soon after?? (UK shipment).

Yep, i cocked up big time and got the email Saturday morning.  Inputted new details, delivery scheduled for tomorrow now  :)
  • mattc1983mattc1983 Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    I just signed up to UPS entering my shipping address I used for my rift, and there is was OCULUS NL
    Trinity
    edited April 2016
    I did re-enter / put in the same card details to trigger the payment again. Hopefully those dates are wrong and they try again soon. 
    Trinity
    Ok looks like I got an answer :) 

"Shipping Estimates for Processing Orders

If we have either already tried to pull the funds and were unsuccessful, or we authorized the full amount on your payment instrument and you are in processing, IGNORE YOUR SHIPPING ESTIMATE ON YOUR ORDER HISTORY. The shipping estimate on that page is not dynamic and will not change based on order status. We could be a bit ahead of schedule for your specific order."

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4eh2r6/osa_clarification_on_failed_payments_order/