cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Rift Audio be auto enabled/disabled?

aiaustin
Expert Protege

I have a Windows 10 setup with speakers and connect USB headphones/mic temporarily when going into a teleconference , Skype, etc. The USB headset input and output are set as "Default Communication Device". This has worked pretty well without switching playback devices back and forth manually. So normally the speakers give sound output when not specifically wanting the headset to be used.

Of course with the Rift having its own audio that adds other permanently connected devices (one for output/playback and one for input/recording), and they have been set by the Oculus Home/Setup install to be the "Default Device" default playback/output and recording/input devices.

Plugging in the USB headset/mic does switch over from the Rift audio to using that as the default, until you unplug the USB headset.  So that works well.

But the Rift Audio does not switch over to the newly plugged in USB headset for output.  A manual change seems to be needed.

I really just want Rift headphones to be on when I am actually using the Rift itself.  Given the Rift proximity sensor is available, I wonder if it makes sense to enable the Rift Audio OUTPUT as the audio output device only when the Rift is worn and the earphone pieces are actually left in place and not removed (if that can be detected in software)?

0 REPLIES 0