cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judder - "Poor Tracking Quality": HMD ~40 CPU ~1200

radianthex
Honored Guest
Hi everyone,

I'm amazed by the CV1 but I'm having some problems stopping me from enjoying this device.

Looking around works perfectly, but when I move within the game everything starts to lag heavily and a "Poor tracking quality" appears under Settings -> Device -> Rift Headset
The overlay shows: "Poor Tracking Quality": HMD ~40 CPU ~1200

CPU and GPU usage aren't maxed out (eg Adrift 30% CPU and 50-80% GPU average).

I have 970gtx and Xeon E3-1275 V2 (the equivalent of an i7 3770K).

Home screen, experiences and videos work fluidly, but I'm having these issues with most games in the store.

Any ideas?  🙂
Hope someone can help 🙂

I'm going a bit mental trying to solve this 😞
12 REPLIES 12

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you get me these logs?
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

radianthex
Honored Guest
Thanks @cyberaelity ! Here's my logs! 🙂

radianthex
Honored Guest
This is the displayed error in Settings

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you try another USB port for the headset (try both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0)?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

radianthex
Honored Guest
Ok, I'll try changing the usb ports 🙂

radianthex
Honored Guest
@cybereality tried moving around the ports, same. 

Not sure if useful knowledge, but the "Poor tracking message" doesn't show constantly it appears and disappears constantly.

Also, I'm on Win10 with latest drivers installed.

radianthex
Honored Guest
@cybereality sorry to ask again, is any indication of what the problem is?

Sesheron
Explorer
Hey Everyone, I had this problem. I even bought the suggested USB PCI card from Amazon.

Two things, check what USB drivers are installed in Device Manager, you can actually have multiple. And for me, I had to uninstall  one before the real, oculus approved one could take over.

Someone posted on reddit that plugging in a USB 3.0 device too slowly can actually cause it to go to USB 2.0 mode.  I don't know if this is true, but line it up and ram it in. Just in case.

Some changes require a reboot to take affect.

WARNING!!   I did uninstall and disable too many ports/drivers in my initial attempts to get everything to work and as a result had NO WORKING USB PORTS.   No mouse, or keyboard.  Luckily I could remote desktop in and re-enable the things I needed.

So have a backup plan in mind in case you disable the wrong thing.

radianthex
Honored Guest
@Sesheron thanks a lot for sharing! I'll try what you suggested! 🙂

I found no information on this topic so I'm really happy you've come out with your workaround, Hoping it works!!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?