New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

CV1 head tracking/frame-rate issues, and games crashing

Hi everybody,

I'm having some issues with my CV1 that are making it pretty much unusable for me.

The head tracking is very slow and jittery. When moving my head left or right at a normal speed I can see a large black edge on the side I am turning towards, as though I am moving past the 'cone of vision' and it is trying to catch up to where my head is. In addition, even when keeping my head still the image is very jittery and the frame-rate is quite low.

This happens in Oculus Home as well as any game or application I try, right from the start, it is always happening. When trying Eve Valkyrie, it defaults to the lowest settings and the issue gets significantly worse if I change to higher setting (it gets so bad that I am almost unable to navigate the UI to change the settings back). When trying Lucky's Tale or Farlands, the games either hang in the loading screen or crash just after. Each of these games puts my CPU usage at 100%, but Oculus Home does not.

My PC is above minimum specs (GeForce GTX 980, Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.00GHz, 16 GB RAM; running NVIDIA 364.72 driver) and the sensor is set up correctly. I also had no issues during installation.

If anyone else is dealing with this issue, let me know.

I've also attached my logs.

Comments

• DannyMNLDannyMNL Posts: 273
    Nexus 6
    I have pretty much the same system as you but have not received my rift yet, so can't comment on that. As far as I know it should work. Maybe USB-port issues? Try to switch ports and see if it helps.
    ASUS Z97-Pro Gamer | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Gaming OC 6Gb | i7-4790K 4.0Ghz | Crucial Ballistix 16Gb DDR3-1600 | Cooler Master G750M | Windows 10 64-bit | AOC G2460PG G-Sync 144hz 3D-monitor
  • Switched USB ports and it did nothing, switched them back to the same ones they were in before and now it's working perfectly! I have no idea why that worked, but I'm glad it did. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • xo_psxo_ps Posts: 6
    edited May 2016
    I have the same awful experience playing the indie game Bazaar. I tried connecting to USB 3 with no avail. I think in my case the content and UI are just not optimized for any headsets I tried - Samsung Gear VR, HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. The head tracking and eye gazing navigation is finicky and I ended up chucking it. Playing other VR games esp AAA games works well without a lot of issues.
  • SkateZillaSkateZilla Posts: 169
    Art3mis
    Switched USB ports and it did nothing, switched them back to the same ones they were in before and now it's working perfectly! I have no idea why that worked, but I'm glad it did. Thanks for the suggestion.
    AMD Cards That I've Tested on Seem to have a 501MHz Limit Applied by Oculus Home,

To Remove teh Cap, we have to unplug USB for a Second, then Re-Plug it, sometimes more than ONCE.

Possible nVidia Users experience the same issues.
  • EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,560
    Project 2501
    edited May 2016
    Look if the camera light is turned on, unplugged and plug it again. Happens to me several times too.
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
  • grimdargrimdar Posts: 120
    Art3mis
    This happened to me, it turns out the Config Utility for runtime 0.8 was still running on startup. If you had the old runtime this might be the issue. You can see if it's running by visiting your task icons on the bottom right of your desktop, open to see if there's an "Oculus Config Utility" running, and close it if it is.