Thank You, Oculus, For Making My Wildest Gamer Dreams Come True — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Thank You, Oculus, For Making My Wildest Gamer Dreams Come True

JCTrickJCTrick Posts: 9
NerveGear
I've purchased almost the entire Oculus Store. Experienced most of it. I'm completely hooked. There's no going back. Thank you guys for finally giving VR the push it needed. I just turned 40. I've only been waiting for 30 years approximately.

And the retail software is far better than I ever imagined! You guys really pulled it out.

My eternal gamer gratitude,
Trick

Comments

• LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 1,958 Valuable Player
    Mines coming this morning, nice to see a positive post. I was getting a bit down with all the Oculus bashing.
  • Sloeri007Sloeri007 Posts: 175
    Art3mis
    Glad to see a post like this on the forum. a true positive vibe
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,757 Valuable Player
    Wasn't sure somebody had already made one of these threads - it dawned on me this morning that there should be one but thought i'd check - well done JCTrick and i'd just like to add my thanks.

As i said somewhere else, i was sat by a hotel pool 3 or so years ago reading some articles on a tech website and i read that somebody was selling a virtual reality headset and it was meant to be amazing.  Seriously?  I read about those in the late 80s and nothing came of them - always, always wanted to try one.

Well after the DK1 and DK2 i now have the HMD i daren't think possible 3 years ago - there's no way it could be true i thought.  It really is - it's fantastic - please pass my thanks on to Palmer and everybody else working at Oculus!

And ask him to get working on my other dream - one of those personal jetpacks.  I know they exist but i want it to be better, and in the ballpark of $350!   ;)
  • dead4suredead4sure Posts: 263
    Nexus 6
    Oculus jetpacks ftw! I'd back it! :smiley:
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,757 Valuable Player
    dead4sure said:

The FacePack - Yeah!   :*
  • GherronGherron Posts: 193
    Art3mis
    dead4sure said:
    Oculus Lift?  SIGN ME UP!
    Nexus 6

Put a couple of screens in the helmet and drop in some branding. Job done.

He even has vents to avoid fogging :wink: 
  • obzenobzen Posts: 713
    Nexus 6
    Jetpacks, hey... Don't give Carmack any more ideas!
    DK1 FREAK...Ntbt8Ya.gif
    Nexus 6
    Yeah they're gonna be called Jetmacks and they will have built in rocket launchers! =D