cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using their motherboard USB 3.0 and NOT PCIe card with their Rift?

kandlewax
Explorer
Been reading reddit and I noticed few post in the past their motherboard USB 3.0 causing problems even though it passed the Oculus compatibility check. And of course, after purchasing the recommended Inateck card, it works for them.

To ask specifically. Is anyone using their motherboard USB 3.0 that is using the intel USB 3.0 eXtensible by Microsoft with no problems? Took a picture of device manager: http://i.imgur.com/ryGPPuv.png

I don't blame Oculus, it seems some motherboard manufacturers are skimping out the USB 3.0. I just want to know whether or not I need to purchase the Inateck card in advance.

Yea, would be great to hear anyone that has the intel USB 3.0 eXtensible driver and running Rift properly or not.

Thank you.

Oh, my motherboard is the Asrock z97m OC Formula and it passed the Oculus compatibility check but still has me worried.

45 REPLIES 45

RedNax
Protege
Well, i use the Asrock Z97 extreme6 which is using the same hardware mostly and it works without issue:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/compare.asp?SelectedModel=Z97m+OC+Formula&SelectedModel=Z97+Extreme6

Mwilliams78
Expert Protege
z9jem8bdi64p.jpgI have the gigabyte z97-hd3 and both usb 3.0 inputs failed the test but work beautifully not sure why but im not complaining ! 

sparkie14
Expert Protege
I have an asus z170 gaming pro and use the onboard usb 3s there a 4 of them and a couple of usb 2's  no issues here whatsoever..

my3dscene
Protege
This is a very interesting question. Just wondering how many USB 3.0 cards were bought, or even worse. How many brand new computers from one of those oculus partners brands were bought without even need it!.

I never trust in the Oculus compatibility tool and luckily I didn't buy the card.

This is another proff about how oculus is doing. What else do you want to see?

kandlewax
Explorer
Sweet, looks like I can save that $30 and buy games instead, thank you all for replying.

obzen
Expert Protege
Good to know the Z170 Pro Gaming works.

Might buy a card though. Messed up my onboard USB3, and it's a bit short on ports.
DK1 FREAK...

Anonymous
Not applicable
MSI Z97 Gaming 5...USB 3.0 eXtensible driver & CV1 working fine here

Cmndr-Hill
Expert Protege
kandelwax good post.

Just wondering anyone using an Asus ROG maximus viii hero motherboard?

Do the USB 3.0 / 3.1 ports work ok with the CV1?

sdplayer
Expert Protege
Asus Rampage 5 extreme which passes the Oculus compatibility test but I must admit, I'm still nervous about whether or not I'll need to buy additional hardware.