cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No HDMI connection - Haven't successfully seen it work yet

nvts8a
Sightseer
Seems like I'm currently unique with my problem I've encountered so I'm starting a new discussion:

Specs:
i7-4930K
980Ti (Version 364.72)
Inateck 4-Port USB 3.0
Consumer Rift (not DK#, Firmware 707)
Occulus App (Version 1.3.1)

I plug in my sensor and headset USB successfully (Connected) but continue to get "No HDMI connection". There are many people who seem to have a similar problem but often account that it was at one point it was working, then it stopped, but I have yet to be able use mine at all. All I get is the "No HDMI connection" error.

I have my Monitor, a UltraWide LG, plugged up DVI, tried both furthest and closest port, only one HDMI on my card I'm attempting to plug the Rift into. Using recommended Inateck USB card with both devices plugged into it, don't seem to have a problem there.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

92 REPLIES 92

karloy
Explorer
I have the same problem with a very similar hardware. I tried a lot - https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4fu441/hdmi_error_during_setup_980_ti_sli/

Did you get it to work? 

nvts8a
Sightseer

karloy said:

I have the same problem with a very similar hardware. I tried a lot - https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4fu441/hdmi_error_during_setup_980_ti_sli/

Did you get it to work? 

Naw, not yet, have had an open support ticket with them for about week. They asked me a bunch of questions to make sure I had everything plugged in right and had some possible conflicting software uninstalled. Now they're taking a look at some logs and config files they asked for. I'll let you know if they RMA it or something, but I'd probably open the ticket as soon as possible. They seem to be taking a while right now.

karloy
Explorer
Exactly the same here, asked a few questions, then for the logs.  

nvts8a
Sightseer
Just got a response earlier today, they're sending me out a new HDMI/USB Cable that attaches to the headset, and I'm sending mine back in hopes that it is the problem. We'll see.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I read this one guy had this issue...he plugged his hdmi into the onboard mobo hdmi slot cos he was out of ideas, it didn't work, but after he plugged it back into the gfx card, it worked...it was something to do with his onboard gfx hdmi causing a conflict...might be worth a try...also if you can access the bios and turn off the onboard gfx that might help.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Make sure the cable is connected good on the headset side. You can check this by removing the foam bracket and looking on the top left of the inside of the headset. Pull the cord out and plug it in tightly.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

nvts8a
Sightseer

beastygt said:

I read this one guy had this issue...he plugged his hdmi into the onboard mobo hdmi slot cos he was out of ideas, it didn't work, but after he plugged it back into the gfx card, it worked...it was something to do with his onboard gfx hdmi causing a conflict...might be worth a try...also if you can access the bios and turn off the onboard gfx that might help.

Thanks for the idea, I currently don't have an on-board HDMI, but worth noting.

Make sure the cable is connected good on the headset side. You can check this by removing the foam bracket and looking on the top left of the inside of the headset. Pull the cord out and plug it in tightly.

Thanks for the bump! They had me try that in the ticket, I was able to verify that the cable was plugged in.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried looking at the device manager and viewing hidden devices? I haven't got my rift yet but I just discovered I have a hidden gtx 780 driver package that may need to be uninstalled...could be worth a look there.

nvts8a
Sightseer

beastygt said:

Have you tried looking at the device manager and viewing hidden devices? I haven't got my rift yet but I just discovered I have a hidden gtx 780 driver package that may need to be uninstalled...could be worth a look there.

I'm gonna try that. I just came from a 2x 690 SLI setup that might have something funky leftover. Thanks.