New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

VR Addiction Is Real.

STRICK9STRICK9 Posts: 146
Art3mis
I spent 36 Hours straight in the rift playing DCS World this weekend (I'm obsessed with the KA-50 Black Shark).  I wanted to call in sick on Monday just so I could keep the rift on. This is only going to get worse isn't it?

Comments

• FingerMcPokeyeFingerMcPokeye Posts: 240
    Nexus 6
  • weasel47weasel47 Posts: 301
    Trinity
    I played Chronos for many hours and my neck was sore afterwards (I'm still using my DK2). A little while later, I kept thinking "maybe VR will help my neck feel better."
  • jonjon Posts: 297
    Nexus 6
    Just wait until VR's version of EQ/WoW sees light...

You should probably make a point of getting whatever you wanted to get done before then.
  • JeffNikJeffNik Posts: 110
    Art3mis
    Has Blizzard stated that they intend to support VR? Their UI seems extremely "2D monitor" based. It seems like they would have to do some MAJOR UI re-design to be able to use it in VR.
  • STRICK9STRICK9 Posts: 146
    Art3mis
    weasel47 said:
    I played Chronos for many hours and my neck was sore afterwards (I'm still using my DK2). A little while later, I kept thinking "maybe VR will help my neck feel better."
    lmfao.
    Art3mis
    edited April 2016
    jon said:
    Just wait until VR's version of EQ/WoW sees light...

You should probably make a point of getting whatever you wanted to get done before then.

Yea I really need to throw out all these empty 12 pack boxes of beer before I seal myself into my room.
  • marikcravenmarikcraven Posts: 168
    JeffNik said:
    Has Blizzard stated that they intend to support VR? Their UI seems extremely "2D monitor" based. It seems like they would have to do some MAJOR UI re-design to be able to use it in VR.
    I think he just meant whatever the VR equivalent of EQ/WOW would be not EQ/WOW exactly but whatever the equivalent game that probably hasn't been made yet that sucks people in like EQ/WOW did for PC but for VR. Like "Come fish for flip/flops VR" or something else addicting.
  • ThreeDeeVisionThreeDeeVision Posts: 2,087
    Wintermute
    I took a week off work the week before last and pretty much lived in VR all week.  I am ThreeDee and I am a VRaholic.
    i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified
  • LuscaLusca Posts: 171
    Art3mis
    36 hours straight! I feel addicted playing 10 hrs per week. Wow man, that's off the hook. Hope you don't do that too often.
  • soxfan335soxfan335 Posts: 131
    Hiro Protagonist
    Did you shit/pee your pants
    hush little babeh dont say a word
    and nevermind that noise u herrd :shock:
  • ThreeDeeVisionThreeDeeVision Posts: 2,087
    Wintermute
    @soxfan335 depends
    i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified
  • RobHermansRobHermans Posts: 712
    3Jane
    edited April 2016
    STRICK9 said:
    I spent 36 Hours straight in the rift playing DCS World this weekend...
    soxfan335 said:
    My dad once did a dawn-to-dusk event in his plane. He had to use these quite extensively:

Luckily, this was one product of the company he worked for at the time, so he had a plentiful supply! :D
    Art3mis
    edited April 2016
    soxfan335 said:

Only when a SAM locked on to me :smile: 
    Art3mis
    Lusca said:
    36 hours straight! I feel addicted playing 10 hrs per week. Wow man, that's off the hook. Hope you don't do that too often.

I don't usually get to play during the week. IDK what happened over the weekend but it was fun lol.
  • RorschachPhoenixRorschachPhoenix Posts: 1,594 Valuable Player

Dead... but happy.
    Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. :P
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • tranceology3tranceology3 Posts: 804
    3Jane
    @jon yea it's gonna get real bad, people are going to start believing they are some super high level wizard in real life, and get very frustrated, which will make them stay in VR even more!
    @tranceology3  .... are you trying to say I am NOT a level 70 paragon 5000 wizard with set armour and legendary sword of colosus ?!!!!!!!! way to shatter dreams man.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

• tranceology3tranceology3 Posts: 804
    3Jane
    @LZoltowski ... all saying this while waiting in line at the DMV.
    @tranceology3  .. the DMV huh? ... I hear that particular level requires level 10000 Barbarian to get out of alive