New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Rift CV1 is incredible!! Totally worth it. WOW

whoa182whoa182 Posts: 381
Trinity
edited April 2016 in General
So this is the first time I've tried virtual reality and I'm completely blown away by it! It's the most incredible experience to feel like you're inside the virtual world. To look over the edge of of a tall building and not just see, but also feel that you're that high up. The dinosaur in dream deck! wow! lol. I instinctively moved my body back from it... haha. :')  sooo happy!

I never even noticed the FOV! All this talk about the FOV got me thinking it was less than I hoped for. But no way, this is so cool and will be a non-issue. I had noticed a small SDE at times, but it totally melts away and is hardly perceptible once you're in the experience - another non-issue and does not at all distract from the experience. This is an incredible headset, and we're only at the first consumer version. I really can't believe it... It has totally surpassed all my expectations, and I was totally hyped for this. They've totally delivered! Even the resolution is fine! (and I use a 4K monitor) 

Please don't be worried if you're still waiting for your CV1. It's truly the best experience I've had in a while. I've never seen anything or experienced anything like it ever before. The complaints imo are overblown.

Really, I don't have words to describe how happy I am with my purchase. The wait is totally worth it!!! Please don't worry about what some of the DK2 users say. This is really amazing.  

I think people always want more so there'll be complaints from people who've used the DK2, but to be honest, I think we mostly appreciate how far things have come by looking back at what we used. It's like looking back at old games and seeing the difference - we can appreciate it more. 

So that's it for now. No time for games just yet because I have work to do, but I just want to say how happy I am with my Rift.

Thank you Palmer! Thank you Oculus! :D 

CPU: i5-4690K 4.50 GHZ RAM: 8.00 GB Corsair Vengence GFX: Nvidia GTX 970 HDD: 2TB MONITOR: Samsung U28D590 27" 4K Res

Comments

• RobHermansRobHermans Posts: 712
    3Jane
    Nice one, thanks for your enthusiasm!
  • meprtwomeprtwo Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I just got mine yesterday and I have to say I'm completely impressed.  I did have DK1, so the jump to CV1 is ridiculous.  The immersion that comes with standing up, sitting down, moving side to side, and looking closer at details is amazing.  My favorite demo is really just the little toy city, planes fly around you, a fire is being fought, it's like a living toy set. 

I'm very pleased with my purchase as well.  Apparently 'God Rays' and 'FOV' really don't matter to me.  This is a great leap forward. 
  • GenetixStudioGenetixStudio Posts: 770
    3Jane
    Great to hear, congrats on getting your Rift! Hopefully the next days & weeks will hurry up so I and, many many others can experience that same joy.
  • EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,560
    Project 2501
    Cant wait to post my CV1 review! 

Enjoy your rift!
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
  • ElvisPresleyElvisPresley Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    I have a question..I am waiting on my Rift Bundle from Best Buy. My question is.. I have the Gear VR with the S7 phone which is a great experience in itself, how much better are the visuals in the Rift (as Ive never tried one). If you were to rate the two on a scale from 1-10..thanks so much for your feedback
  • whoa182whoa182 Posts: 381
    Trinity
    Already can't wait to show it to my friends and family! I love it :D It's better than I imagined it would be. = ) 

Can't wait to play some games after I finish work!
    CPU: i5-4690K 4.50 GHZ RAM: 8.00 GB Corsair Vengence GFX: Nvidia GTX 970 HDD: 2TB MONITOR: Samsung U28D590 27" 4K Res
  • LV426LV426 Posts: 72
    Hiro Protagonist
    Welcome to VR  B)  Nice to hear all the positive enthusiasm. 
    Intel Core I7-3770K OC 4.2ghz Intel® High Performance Liquid Cooling MSI Z77A-GD65 Crucial DDR3 BallistiX 16GB Kingston HyperX SSD MSI GTX 980 Twin Frozr. DK2
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Thanks so much for your support.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • RirtualVealityRirtualVeality Posts: 737
    Nexus 6
    Remember when most of us were like this when we first tried the DK1?  Ah, memories....
  • LV426LV426 Posts: 72
    Hiro Protagonist
    Remember when most of us were like this when we first tried the DK1?  Ah, memories....
    I never got my hands on the DK1 but I did order the DK2 and never looked back. Awesome experience! Still waiting on the Vive and CV1!  ( mid May delivery )
    Intel Core I7-3770K OC 4.2ghz Intel® High Performance Liquid Cooling MSI Z77A-GD65 Crucial DDR3 BallistiX 16GB Kingston HyperX SSD MSI GTX 980 Twin Frozr. DK2
  • JeffNikJeffNik Posts: 110
    Art3mis
    @RirtualVeality - that's the thought that went though my head, too - I was remembering the amazing feeling I had when I tried it for the first time.
  • EvileyesEvileyes Posts: 349
    Trinity
    This is the feedback im looking for! Glad you love it! and its a game changer!
  • OccUpiedOccUpied Posts: 112
    Art3mis
    Great post... Thanks. for helping keep the VR Hope alive.
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,197 Valuable Player
    edited April 2016

Don't mind our moaning, a lot of us have had a VR headset for three years now, so we are a bit fussy.

The problem with the FOV was they gave us a large FOV with the DK1 and then slowly took it away. If they had started at the CV1 FOV we probably would not be complaining so much.

Trinity
    I've played a few games now and it's so awesome. Love Lucky's tale, Farlands, and also enjoying project cars. The sense of presence in some experiences and games is amazing. Even the Oculus video (theatre) is amazing - it feels like you're there. :) 

I did run into an issue last night though.. It seems f.lux was messing up my tracking and the tracking seemed jittery when moving around. I turned f.lux off completely this morning and works flawlessly. It was difficult to figure out because everything was perfect in the day, it was just night time I noticed it.  (f.lux reduces blue light for night time)

So anyway, I've showed lots of people now, and all my friends WANT a rift. Converted on the spot haha. :) Everyone has been amazed and blown away by it.
  • baltarbaltar Posts: 42
    Brain Burst
    Completely agree with this post. I was most amazed bij the Apollo 11 VR experience. That launch sequence,watching out of the window, looking at the instrumentpanel up close,the music and the real-time tower/crew communication: just epic!
    Trinity
    edited April 2016
    Wow cool! I haven't seen that yet... I should check it out! : )

Just the other day I don't know how many times I said "wow" lol.. it was a lot!!  I'm still impressed every time I put the thing on. And fortunately, I've not experienced any kind of motion sickness even on intense games. Only maybe felt an odd feeling of movement which I kind of like? lol especially in Eve valkyrie!  Like pushing forward on the stick and then leaning forward at the same time.. almost like going over the top and down on a rollercoaster xD

I love to see the reaction of others who put on the Rift. :D 
  • Blyss4226Blyss4226 Posts: 549
    Neo
    edited April 2016
    I'm glad to see you love it so much. I know the feeling. I was totally blown away too. I had tried phone based VR, but nothing prepared me for Rift. It IS that good. I think most of the people that are disappointed just had expectations of a holodeck like experience. We aren't quite there... yet. But CV1 is literally life changing tech for me as I've said before. It has it's flaws, yes, but it's still ridiculously amazing.

Enjoy your Rift!

Edit: P.S. If you haven't yet - put your face really close to Lucky in Lucky's Tale. It's so cute what he does.
    Gaming: Intel i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz | R9 290 | 16GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 1 TB HDD
    Server: AMD FX 6300 @ 4.4Ghz | GT 610 | 8GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 320GB HDD
    Trinity
    Yup! It's not hard to spot where improvements can be made, but it has still surpassed my expectations by a lot. And in some applications, it just gives a good idea how awesome things are going to get for VR in the future.

For example: I'm not sure I could watch a whole movie by myself in the Oculus Theatre, but it made me think it'd be so awesome to watch a movie with some friends who don't live near! And it'd be great if the headset were just a little more comfortable to wear and had a higher resolution... But still, if I could watch a movie with a friend who doesn't live near, I'd do that now if they had a headset.

I play a bit of Lucky's tale every day. I try to pace myself a bit and not complete everything at once... Since  content needs to build up. 

And yeah I know lol... he has a few different reactions xD 

I tried The Body in VR last night! Just a great example of how VR could change education and the way we learn... I loved it! :) 

I'm amazed every day lol
  • Blyss4226Blyss4226 Posts: 549
    Neo
    I have The Body VR installed but I haven't scoped it yet.

Yes, watching a movie with my friends who don't live around me is something we really wanna do. I'll ping @Nobbs66 since he is one of those friends. We watch movies together anyway - by being in VOIP and pausing at 0 and then doing a countdown and all clicking play at once.

Doing it in VR would be super excellent. Especially if there was a virtual them in the theater. Godrays make it hard to watch movies like that at first, but I watched Game of Thrones in my headset last night and by the end they weren't bothering me at all(but my forehead was numb. Come on and get here VR cover!)
    Gaming: Intel i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz | R9 290 | 16GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 1 TB HDD
    Server: AMD FX 6300 @ 4.4Ghz | GT 610 | 8GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 320GB HDD
  • Nobbs66Nobbs66 Posts: 722 Poster of the Week
    @Blyss4226  Yeah, i can't wait to watch some GoT Season 6 in VR with you this year. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.4ghz | R9 Fury Tri X @ 1150mhz | 16GB DDR4 2133mhz