New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Poster of the Week Reward Program

Comments

• CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    @LZoltowski  - That is probably the most flattering picture of me that has ever been drawn.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's the only picture of me that has ever been drawn. Man, I need to learn a marketable skill in the entertainment biz so I can get fan-art more often. :tongue:

P.S.  Going for the Golden Age aesthetic, eh? I can dig it. My only requests: My hair should be bigger and swoop-ier!  And if you could darken the costume color so it's a blue-blue instead of a sky-blue then we'll really be talking!  Thanks again. :wink:  
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • Sax-a-boomSax-a-boom Posts: 731
    3Jane
    edited November 2016
    Hey that's great. Well choices, choices. It'll have to be aubergine purple for colour and time manipulation for power.

• FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    edited November 2016
    I feel like as I'm wearing a Jake the Dog shirt in that photo I should have his powers and be yellow :P 

If we're going by the pictures does that make @Zenbane  Skeletor?  :D
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Zenbane said:
    @Storm_Cloud took the gold this week.
    Awesome, @Storm_Cloud is the winner.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    3Jane
    Well I have no idea what warranted the honour. So what do I get, free Touch, extra sensors and 12 months free purchases from the store?  
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,150 Valuable Player
    A free nipple touch. I mean that literally, since you should be getting an Oculus T-Shirt.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,713 Volunteer Moderator

congratulations @Storm_Cloud

if it were up to me, I'd give you a free touch, some places are off limits though

Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1909 (18363.836)
    3Jane
    Zenbane said:
    A free nipple touch. I mean that literally, since you should be getting an Oculus T-Shirt.
    haha, ok that's cool. How does that work then?

congratulations @Storm_Cloud

if it were up to me, I'd give you a free touch, some places are off limits though

and I'm gloriously thankful for that!
    When cyber gets a free moment he should contact you via PM. Until then, welcome to the club buddy!

@LZoltowski, wow I didn't think you'd be creating characters from scratch like that... that's some impressive work

I'll post a picture of the real me if @Zenbane does

Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1909 (18363.836)
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    @Storm_Cloud -  It may or may not take a while for you to get that T-shirt, but believe me when I say it's worth the wait! These things are comfy as heck, perfect for wearing during those especially long VR sessions.
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,433 Volunteer Moderator
    Congrats @Storm_Cloud, and welcome to the ever-growing t-shirt club!

I don't know if you guys have noticed, but the majority of forum members in the Top Ten activity list are previous winners lately... That list might have to be expanded to Top Twenty eventually to maintain a supply of eligible contestants!
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • OpticKingOpticKing Posts: 1,185
    Wintermute
    @Storm_Cloud Congrats, welcome to the exclusive rank of Pot(W)! @CrashFu has it right, these shirts are comfy, very soft.

Also it's not @Zenbane's fault, he lives in Texas like me... he must've fallen asleep in the sun one day and it just melted his skin off. It's ok though, you can be evil and happy. (Though I may tip He-man off that his nemesis is spending most of his time these days in Obduction.. :wink:)

Although they may just start singing and dancing together again, as evidenced here. -

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Yes, I've noticed. Unfortunately, the weekly leaderboard only has 10 slots. However, so far at least, there is always enough fresh blood to keep things rolling.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Wintermute
    edited November 2016
    TwoHedWlf said:
    Well, there are varying methods, some have their own preferences.  Some like to put their heads in the head hole and then their arms into the arm holes, others like to put their arms in the arm holes and then their head in the head hole.

Then there are others that like to put one arm in an arm hole and then put their head in the head hole and then their other arm into the last arm hole.
    Instructions too complicated, hm(D) stuck in ceiling fan.

• TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,234 Valuable Player
    OpticKing said:
    TwoHedWlf said:
    Well, there are varying methods, some have their own preferences.  Some like to put their heads in the head hole and then their arms into the arm holes, others like to put their arms in the arm holes and then their head in the head hole.

Then there are others that like to put one arm in an arm hole and then put their head in the head hole and then their other arm into the last arm hole.
    Instructions too complicated, hm(D) stuck in ceiling fan.

Will some diagrams
    help?

Wintermute
    @TwoHedWlf So to be clear, I start at 3 go to step 2 twist it around with a step 4 and finish strong with step 1, got it.

But what to do with these jeans and undies? I can only use a rational thought process to deduce that the jeans go on my head and undies on my feet. And this watch strap is for some Godawful reason not long enough to fit around my thigh... Man, being a human is hard..

Ps: So there's a diagram for dressing now.. Coulda used this on prom night ages back..
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,234 Valuable Player
    OpticKing said:
    But what to do with these jeans and undies
    Those are optional, you're better off without them.
    3Jane
    Thanks for all the tips everyone, but courtesy of Wallace and Grommit I have dressing covered:

3Jane
    Congrats to @Leyland I've tried to follow your posts but your coding wizardry is beyond me, deserved for your support and feedback though.
    @Leyland is highly technical; a much welcome addition to the forum. Congrats!
    Well deserved @Leyland  keep up the good work! :)

Well done @Leyland, the forum definitely benefits from your posts!

(this more than makes up for the Austin Allegro)

Just out of interest, do the 'Poster of the Week' ranks last forever?
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,433 Volunteer Moderator
    Congrats, @Leyland!
    FrozenPea said:
    Just out of interest, do the 'Poster of the Week' ranks last forever?
    Yeah, cyber updated the rules a while back, making POTW a permanent rank, only superseded by special ranks like Volunteer Moderator and the new high-level ranks Valuable Player and Forum Master.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,735 Volunteer Moderator
    And the new rank soon to come out = "plonker of the week" please cyber :) congrats @Leyland
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.