cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Oculus is on, Unity3D is crashing when hitting play.

Nottola
Honored Guest
I am using Unity 5.2.2f1 with the Oculus Rift and Windows 7. Everything was working well till... one hour ago. I first ran a build that played smoothly. I then moved away from my computer; when I came back, it was shutting down. Upon turning the computer back on, Unity started to crash anytime I hit play and the Oculus is on. If the Oculus is turned off before I start Unity, everything works perfectly. This is the link to the Unity Editor log. Let me know if I need to post anything else.
2 REPLIES 2

cybereality
Grand Champion
I don't believe that version of Unity is supported. It looks like 5.3.3p3 (or later) is recommended. Also, get the latest Utilities and Plugin from here: 
https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Nottola
Honored Guest
I have used System Restore. The suggested restore point was at an install of "Dell update", right at the time of the crash. Proceeding with the restore, I realized that the NVIDIA driver was being restored from an old version (266), to the newer version (358) that I need to make the Oculus work. After the restore everything went back to normal. Then I tried to install Dropbox. After the install, the computer turned off again and, like before, once restarting, the Oculus was not working anymore. I checked the Oculus setup and it said it needed a new NVIDIA driver. So something is happening that makes the NVIDIA driver go from 358 to the old one. I don't understand why. What would you suggest? A friend told me that probably the "Dell Command update" thinks that the new driver is the wrong one, so it restores it to the old one every time it updates. We have disabled automatic Dell Command updates.