New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Dolphin Emulator CV1 compatibility

2EyeGuy2EyeGuy Posts: 1,084
Trinity
edited June 2016 in Games and Apps
EDIT: new version: Download Dolphin VR 5.0
DK1 version: Dolphin VR 5.0 for Runtime 0.8

I finally got around to updating Dolphin VR for CV1 and SDK 1.3.  :)

It still has some bugs, for example the mirror window isn't working on Direct3D yet. And I'm not even sure that Opcode Replay mode is working correctly. And I have not pulled the last several months of Dolphin updates, so it is not current with master. And some things may be hardcoded for DK2, like Metroid Prime visors, and haven't been fixed.

Before you can run applications (like Dolphin VR) outside Oculus Home, you need to have Unknown Sources enabled. In the Oculus app window, click on the cog > Settings > General > Unknown Sources.

Dolphin VR 4.0-9519 x64 1.3 

You will need to rip your GameCube or Wii games to your hard-drive or USB stick, because most optical drives can't read them directly. If you have a Wii or a Wii U (it doesn't need to be modded) and an external hard-drive or USB memory stick, then you can install homebrew channel and use it to dump games. See tutorials online for how to dump games for Dolphin.

Not all games work. Some work almost perfectly, and some are unplayable. Some games have Hide Object Codes and AR Cheat Codes to make them work better in VR, which you can find by right clicking a game in your game list in dolphin and choosing properties, then going to those tabs.

Don't forget to set your Graphics, VR, and Controller options.

I've only tested this on DK2. CV1 probably works.
Vive might or might not work. The Vive controllers aren't implemented yet.
Razer Hydra works (and can be used as a Nunchuk+Wiimote) but the button mapping is hardcoded, and you can't see your hands yet.

Comments

• costersallcostersall Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    Thank you so much! Now correct me if i'm wrong, but freelook doesn't seem to work in direct3d right only OpenGL? Trying to move the camera around in mario kart wii doesn't move and switching to OpenGL only brings up a black screen during gameplay.
  • NeruvousNeruvous Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    The previous version worked with through steamvr and sdk 1.3. Anyway thank your for this another version xD
  • YonkersYonkers Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    This is great news.
  • AnotherCrazyCanadianAnotherCrazyCanadian Posts: 321
    Nexus 6
    Dude, thanks for this. I'm really looking forward to giving this a go. I played Metroid prime only a few months ago (the Wii port) and I wished I played it back in '02. 

Now just gotta find how to set up...
    Facebook bought Instagram. How exactly did they ruin them?
  • sh0v0rsh0v0r Posts: 498
    Hiro Protagonist
    Awesome, just gave it a go with Wind Waker, how would one go about making it behave with 90 FPS though?
  • 2EyeGuy2EyeGuy Posts: 1,084
    Trinity
    In theory, you should set the Extra Opcode Replay Frames to 2.
    But when I briefly tested the opcode replay feature in Wind Waker, it didn't work, I don't know why.
  • SyndroidSyndroid Posts: 236
    Nexus 6
    Is there a way to combine smooth yaw rotation and comfort mode?
    I'd like to have 2 hotkeys for left/right snapturns in addition to the smooth rotation syle. Is that possible somehow?   
    Also,  how can I reset my orientation (recalibrate) ? 
  • TheKreatorTheKreator Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    This is amazing.  I just tried out WrestleMania XIX and while it didn't work perfectly, it was fully playable and quite an experience!  Hopefully with some adjustments I can make it play even better.  Day of Reckoning 2 worked as well, but the audio was unbearable - though visually looked even better than XIX.  Really impressed with this so far!
  • TortriTortri Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    I must be missing a setting.  Just tried with my CV1 and only home is showing up while the game is playing on my monitor.
    Brain Burst
    edited April 2016
    It's not saving the Oculus setting in Stereoscopic 3d mode for me.  I select Oculus, click close, try to play a game (doesn't work) go back to Graphics/Enhancements and it's set to off.
  • JoshuaJSloneJoshuaJSlone Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    This version of Dolphin seems to ignore that setting anyway. Regardless of what I set it to, it outputs it in VR-distorted mode both on the headset and a window on the monitor. Going back to it afterward it usually seems to have reverted to Off, though one time it seemed to go Anaglyph->Oculus instead. I've got no good suggestion for what problem you might be having, though.
    Brain Burst
    Thanks for responding. I'll keep messing around or wait for an updated version.
  • mobiusstudiosmobiusstudios Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Is there a way to calibrate the Hydra? I am having issues painting in Okami as the y axis is inverted somehow during that part.
  • 2EyeGuy2EyeGuy Posts: 1,084
    Trinity
    I've been doing some more work. I just added a feature for fixing camera stabilisation in menus, and fixed the menus being upside down in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. And added default settings for Dancing Stage: Mario Mix.
  • PeteoPeteo Posts: 262
    2EyeGuy said:
    I've been doing some more work. I just added a feature for fixing camera stabilisation in menus, and fixed the menus being upside down in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. And added default settings for Dancing Stage: Mario Mix.
    Nice! Just to let you know works great in the Vive, I can even walk around!
    Nexus 6
    Rendering distant objects in Metroid Prime can be a little weird, but I don't blame you at all and I'm ecstatic that it works now! 
    Now, if only I can get Super Mario sunshine to work...
  • isamuisamu Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    2EyeGuy is back!!!! Yippeeeee!!! So happy to see you're back on the Dolphin VR project Carl. I'm hoping to get a Rift by the fall or maybe sooner so I can't wait to see the progress that's been made by then.

In the meantime, can anyone please try F-ZeroGX on either CV1 or Vive and give us your impressions on how it well it works?

My dream is to play F-Zero
  • DukeValeforDukeValefor Posts: 64
    Hiro Protagonist
    Hmmm the Emulator only shows on my desktop and rift shows me Oculus home, any idea?
    Brain Burst
    Graphics, General, uncheck Render to Main Window.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Tortri said:
    Graphics, General, uncheck Render to Main Window.
    It was unchecked by default
    Hiro Protagonist
    hmm wrong version of the installer, thx for help
    Brain Burst
    edited May 2016
    isamu said:
    2EyeGuy is back!!!! Yippeeeee!!! So happy to see you're back on the Dolphin VR project Carl. I'm hoping to get a Rift by the fall or maybe sooner so I can't wait to see the progress that's been made by then.

In the meantime, can anyone please try F-ZeroGX on either CV1 or Vive and give us your impressions on how it well it works?

Some stuttering in the menus, graphic glitches.  In game play is mostly ok with occasional stuttering. You can look around but the track disappears behind you.
  • isamuisamu Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    edited May 2016
    Tortri said:
    isamu said:

Some stuttering in the menus, graphic glitches.  In game play is mostly ok with occasional stuttering. You can look around but the track disappears behind you.
    Thank you Tortri much appreciate the reply man. If you don't mind some further questions.....

1)Everyone's PC is different. Can you post your PC specs?

2)So it looks like occasional stuttering but mostly OK in-game, with limited ability to look around the track. Now can you describe what the sense of speed is like? How is the sense of depth and overall feeling of "being there"? Does it feel like you're actually *IN* the world, sitting in the cockpit of the ship? Does the track and the objects feel life-size?
    Nexus 6
    Also, thanks a ton man! I'll try donating again soon!
    Nexus 6
    ^For some reason, that post didn't send until I opened up this page again. My apologies.
  • kenman345kenman345 Posts: 2
    Havent tried this out yet but if I got a USB to Gamecube controller would this work in Dolphin VR?
  • evilgrinevilgrin Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    Blast Corps seems like its perfect for VR, needs a remake
  • ArkhArkh Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    2EyeGuy said:
    How can i apply the fix? 

Im using Dolphin VR 4.0-9519 x64 1.3  and i still have the upside down menu whit CV1
  • GOG3GOG3 Posts: 3
    Could someone post their setting? I have an i5 4590, 8gb RAM, and a GTX 980 and mario sunshine is playing in slowmotion and there is a crazy scrambled wall(best description I could come up with) blocking everything.
  • DanosDanos Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    edited May 2016
    @GOG3:
    [i7-3820@4.2GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 980 as well]
    Try right-clicking Super Mario Sunshine in the Images list, select settings or properties or whatever it is called in English. Then go to the 'Hide Objects' tab and activate all 'Remove ...' Hacks. Then close the window and go to the VR Configuration. Here, enable 'Pullup 30fps to 75fps'. Try to see if using Direct3D in favour of OpenGL works better (or vice versa). However, some water reflections are still broken (at least for me), for example multiple wells in Delfino Plaza.

The game itself will only run at 30fps, the same goes for camera movements done by the game (like by moving Mario or using the C-Stick to control the camera). Any Rift movements however will work at 75fps (like position tracking or orientation tracking). You might want to try to change the scale multiplier, the units per metre and the camera forward. Using these parameters, you can zoom out to get a miniature look with less camera movements (==> less motion sickness) that reminds of Lucky's Tale.

In general, check if there are 'hide objects' codes available for the game you want to play in VR and also check further instructions in the VR tab in the game's properties.

Hope this helps. :smile: