Alien Isolation IS? working on runtime 1.32 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Alien Isolation IS? working on runtime 1.32

LjudasPriestLjudasPriest Posts: 47
Brain Burst
edited April 2016 in Games and Apps
And another edit / update:-
Got it working again, reason for problem was fresh install of Oculus Home / runtime changed directory from Program Files (x64) to Program Files
Please check your active installation by CTRL-ALT-DELETE, running Task Manager and looking at properties for OVRserver and looking at the file location

Please confirm if it works and provide details (operating system, 32 / 64 bit etc.)

Update! - since doing a fresh install of runtime 1.32 this is now not working - trying to figure out what happened

I've got Alien Isolation working on runtime 1.32 using info from here:- http://freeworldweb.wix.com/oculus132
Use the batch files to stop the runtime / extend the display and fire up AI

This is working on DK2, can anyone confirm it works on CV1?

If you never ran Alien Isolation on the rift before you need to edit one of the setting in the game folder
instructions here:- http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/enable-oculus-rift-mode-alien-isolation/

Comments

• notsramnotsram Posts: 1,238
    Wintermute
    Good news! Hope it does work on CV1... and on Vive too, of course :)
  • BloodletBloodlet Posts: 733
    3Jane
    edited April 2016
    Awesome news :)
    How does it look and perform compared to older SDK's?

Fantastic find btw. Thnx for the link ;)
  • TheMaster0071TheMaster0071 Posts: 114
    Art3mis
    OMG so stoked about this!
  • Mace404Mace404 Posts: 208
    Nexus 6
    Couldn't get my CV1 into extended mode. 
    No errors while executing the command but just nothing happens.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\DirectDisplayConfig.exe" off
    NVAPI library found.
    DirectDisplay compatible NVidia runtime and/or GPU detected.
    Operation successful!
    AMD LiquidVR runtme not found, skipping...
    Success!

While in extended Home isn't showing anymore so it's doing something... but what ^^
  • TortriTortri Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    Same here with my CV1
  • mambo1888mambo1888 Posts: 796
    Neo
    edited April 2016
    Can you help me, ive created the .bat files from the link and also changed the settings in Alien Data folder.

I edited the .bat files to use the corresponding folder where Oculus is installed in my case G:\Oculus....

I set the DirectDisplayConfig file within oculus to run as administrator

When im in "set up Multiple Displays" section of Nvidia control panel I select oculus rift dk2 the blue light comes on but the screen still black/blank, there is no option to extend the display and Nvidia Control Panel is very slow and often goes into not responding (In the Win10 display settings the oculus doesnt show up at all)

Is there something im missing
  • Tel1888Tel1888 Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    ok this is where im at , created all .bats , stopped the runtime , put it into extended mode and the loaded aliens , on my monitor i get the split screen and aliens loads no probs , blue light on sensor but amber still on rift (dk2)so no output to rift (dk2) , i press continue and load game and my rift moves the game on the monitor lol but nothing on the rift , i also have changed the text file as well in the data folder in aliens. im on windows 10 and still on 1.3 so i dont know if updating to 1.32 would change anything as i was going to wait till i receive my cv1 then change drives.

I'm kinda stuck now as i think ive covered everything just cant get it to display on my rift.
  • LjudasPriestLjudasPriest Posts: 47
    Brain Burst
    edited April 2016
    Edit / Update - reason was oculus runtime / home installed in a different directory by default this time
    C:\program files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\ instead of C:\program files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\

Did a fresh install of Oculus home / 1.32 and now its not working
    Maybe some old file in the system was enabling this.
    More investigation needed
    Will edit first post accordingly...

• Tel1888Tel1888 Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    so did you initially do it with 1.31 LjudasPriest

• bizjerbizjer Posts: 118
    Art3mis
    I'm the same as mambo1888. .bat files no problem. I tried all combinations of the settings and best was sbs fish eyes and amber light. 
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,629 Valuable Player
    i've spent so much time trying to get CV1 into extended mode just to play this game... tried every possible option... interupting services.. regedits of all description... no go. I've given up trying and patiently waiting for Sega to update.
    Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1809 (17763.348)
  • jademanjademan Posts: 268
    Nexus 6
    Dang it!  Where's that Dislike button?!  (j/k)

I saw this thread earlier today and was all pumped to try it out tonight.  Now I feel like I'm giving involuntary cesarean birth to an alien.
    Brain Burst
    Rolled back and its working again
    Will figure this out and update the thread
    Brain Burst
    Tel1888 said:
    so did you initially do it with 1.31 LjudasPriest

First did it with 1.32
    Turns out that that when I did a fresh install of Oculus Home / Runtime 1.32 I got the 64 bit version, originally I had the 32 bit version (oculus setup did this, no user choice available)
    I updated the batch files to point to Program Files instead of Program Files (x86) and everything is working again

Brain Burst
    Bloodlet said:
    Awesome news :)
    How does it look and perform compared to older SDK's?

Fantastic find btw. Thnx for the link ;)
    No idea, I never treid it before!

I'm getting some judder but might be down to my specs:-
    GTX560Ti
    i3 3220
    8GB Ram
    DK2 (no sync cable to camera - needs fixing)
    Windows 7 

Have to say this system is running Elite Dangerous / Luckys Tale perfectly

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,629 Valuable Player
    edited April 2016

My understanding is that anything that enables Alien Isolation to run is really pausing runtime 1.3 so that A:I can utilise it's internal 0.5 runtime.

That means that it won't have ATW, so low frame rates will mean judder on medium spec machines unfortunately. Good job getting it to work though, i need to revisit this!

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1809 (17763.348)
    Brain Burst

My understanding is that anything that enables Alien Isolation to run is really pausing runtime 1.3 so that A:I can utilise it's internal 0.5 runtime.

That means that it won't have ATW, so low frame rates will mean judder on medium spec machines unfortunately. Good job getting it to work though, i need to revisit this!

Correct!
    It is stopping the 1.32 runtime and enabling extended mode that allows this to work with the Alien Isolation built in support
    Neo
    Hey @LjudasPriest  can list the exact method you are using step by step. I have reinstalled Oculus 1.32 and this time I kept it in the default "C:\" location, I have updated the batch files accordingly. I feel like I am almost there, AI now loads up with the two fish eye's on the monitor but nothing on the dk2. If you could give a step by step guide to how you got it working that would be great and really appreciated.
  • LordJuanloLordJuanlo Posts: 304
    Art3mis
    Alien Isolation uses SDK 0.3 internally and, as far as I know, it can't work on the CV1, even if extended mode can be enabled. CV1 has a different USB device id and I don't think the game can detect the headtracker using such an old Oculus SDK. I finished the game on my old DK2 and would pay money to have it running natively on the CV1.
    FirmaRoV.png
    Comunidad española de RV / Spanish VR Community
    Brain Burst
    mambo1888 said:
    Hey @LjudasPriest  can list the exact method you are using step by step. I have reinstalled Oculus 1.32 and this time I kept it in the default "C:\" location, I have updated the batch files accordingly. I feel like I am almost there, AI now loads up with the two fish eye's on the monitor but nothing on the dk2. If you could give a step by step guide to how you got it working that would be great and really appreciated.
    If it runs then the service is stopped ok, sounds like you are just missing the extended mode.
    The blue light should light up on top of the rift and windows become visable (cross eyed if rift is set to 1920x1080 or readable if set to 960x1080 portrait) - does that happen?
    Neo
    edited April 2016
    When I run the "OculusExtendedMode.bat" I hear a sound to tell me something has happened/changed but the light stays amber on the rift. If I go into windows display options it only sees my monitor, if I go into Nvidia Display Settings the rift shows up. I can select the rift and click apply  then the blue light will come on but nothing actually comes on the rift screens. 
    Brain Burst
    mambo1888 said:
    When I run the "OculusExtendedMode.bat" I hear a sound to tell me something has happened/changed but the light stays amber on the rift. If I go into windows display options it only sees my monitor, if I go into Nvidia Display Settings the rift shows up. I can select the rift and click apply  then the blue light will come on but nothing actually comes on the rift screens. 
    Can you open a CMD.exe window and type
     "C:\program files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\DirectDisplayConfig.exe" off

What do you get?
  • steveoz32steveoz32 Posts: 350
    Art3mis
    I was under the impression this doesn't work on CV1, and it's something I stopped playing ok DK2 over a year ago and saving for CV1! How pointless that was. I hope someone comes up with a hack to get it to work properly on CV1 (at least with the correct res).
  • ricozawaricozawa Posts: 8
    Great! I've tried Doom3 BFG and it works just by go to extended mode. also tried  vr game manager and it also works fine on my DK2
  • steveoz32steveoz32 Posts: 350
    Art3mis
    It all works on DK2, just not CV1
  • ricozawaricozawa Posts: 8
    I didn't know that it all the old stuff that worked on DK2 in the old days, now works with Runtime 1.3.2
    Neo
    I tried running the CMD as you suggested and I get the following...

NVAPI library found
    DirectDisplay compatible Nvidia runtime and/or GPU detected
    operation successful!
    AMD LiquidVR runtime not found, skipping...
    success!
    After doing that I can only get the blue light to come on the rift by going into the nvidia control panel and selecting the rift from the "Set up multiple monitors" tab, but nothing shows up then it switches off again.

Brain Burst
    mambo1888 said:
    I tried running the CMD as you suggested and I get the following...

NVAPI library found
    DirectDisplay compatible Nvidia runtime and/or GPU detected
    operation successful!
    AMD LiquidVR runtime not found, skipping...
    success!
    After doing that I can only get the blue light to come on the rift by going into the nvidia control panel and selecting the rift from the "Set up multiple monitors" tab, but nothing shows up then it switches off again.

Could be a Win10 thing
    Brain Burst
    ricozawa said:
    Great! I've tried Doom3 BFG and it works just by go to extended mode. also tried  vr game manager and it also works fine on my DK2
    What operating system / video card?
    Neo
    Yeah could be, Thanks for your help anyway, il keep trying hopefully get it sorted.