New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Gear VR just stopped working/responding. Won't even launch the Oculus app

I was able to load everything OK, and even able to load a few other games/apps.  Played around with it for a while, and then all of a sudden, the touch pad stopped responding.  I took my phone(Galaxy S7 Edge) out, rebooted and now it will not even launch the Oculus app.  It looks like the screen goes blank, like it is attempting to, but then bombs out.
I'm hoping that I didn't get a defective one, but I guess it happens...  

Anyone have any ideas to try?  Thanks.

Comments

• WunderbearWunderbear Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    I had this problem. Believe it or not I had installed the Google Cardboard app and disabled Gear VR. Hopefully it's that simple for you?
  • pigguttsausagepigguttsausage Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have had the same thing happen.  I have unistalled, re installed cleared cash. The whole 9.  Nothing seems to work. Cannot find a solution yet. I feel like it may be a samsung update. Mine was working fine up till that happened. But getting samsung to admit to a bad firmware is like pulling teeth. 
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Feel free to submit a support ticket. https://support.oculus.com/
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV