cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup for different users

Fredd32
Adventurer
For those who have there Cv1, how easy is it to change settings on Rift between people that are different heights? Is it easy and reasonably quick to set it up for someone who is 5' tall after it has been used by someone who is over 6' tall or does it even matter?
2 REPLIES 2

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
Getting the straps just right for different sized heads would be the only thing that would be a little time consuming, and that is fairly easy.  Just three velcro adjustments (sides and top).  You can recenter the HMD in the Oculus Home settings and most games have a button that allows you to recenter or reset on startup, so that part is no issue at all.  The camera mount allows you to easily point the camera in the optimal direction and has a much wider FOV than the DK2 camera.
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

RikkTheGaijin
Heroic Explorer
I don't have a CV1 yet, but I have a DK2. Do I need to uninstall and re-install Home when I get my Rift to do the setup? Or can it be done from the current Home installation?