The following is a list I compiled from my experience as a medic and as a gamer with the Oculus Rift. Please note that the following 12 points are only recommendations. Please add to the list by commenting. Game on!
1. Turn the volume down. Being over immersed isn't always a good thing.
2. Get use to your Rift by using it for a few minutes at a time. Take at least a 5 minute break.
3. Don't jump into games that are intense, Oculus gives us comfort levels for a reason.
4. Wear your glasses. Awkward at first, but their is a reason you wear them.
5. Always calibrate your Oculus when you put them on and off your head. It only takes a minute! I cant stress this point enough.
6. Keep your lens clean of debris. Oils and residues can make the god rays worse.
7. Ginger ale soda, and not the cheap stuff. This can help sooth your stomach. Peppermint can have the same effect.
8. Stay hydrated and fully rested.
9. Don't stand up and play, especially in games like Ethan Carter.
10. If things are becoming blurry, your eyes are starting to get fatigued/strained. Refer to the 2nd point.
11. Have a fan blow on you. This will help you with orientation. The nose gap can also help out!
12. Use motion/nausea medications if necessary.