Good Read; come the hell on Oculus! — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Comments

• blanesblanes Posts: 1,068
    3Jane
    There is nothing in there we do not already know and actually is does state Oculus have ramped up shipping and expect to accelerate that in coming weeks/months.  That does tally with some reports that people are getting their orders earlier than the projected delivery date.  

My way of thinking is that we have screamed at Oculus enough for the time being and also a sense of fair play tells me that everyone at Oculus from P.L. down currently have their butts on fire (hell?) :#  and are moving mountains to get back on top of things .... it will come good in the end ... have faith young Padwan !  :|
  • SUBZer0VRSUBZer0VR Posts: 127
    Art3mis
    Negative! 10-12sec bottom-line = minimum efforts. Still really crappy.
  • OblongshipOblongship Posts: 254
    Nexus 6
    blanes said:
    There is nothing in there we do not already know and actually is does state Oculus have ramped up shipping and expect to accelerate that in coming weeks/months.  That does tally with some reports that people are getting their orders earlier than the projected delivery date.  

My way of thinking is that we have screamed at Oculus enough for the time being and also a sense of fair play tells me that everyone at Oculus from P.L. down currently have their butts on fire (hell?) :#  and are moving mountains to get back on top of things .... it will come good in the end ... have faith young Padwan !  :|
    Have good faith?

They are moving mountains?

Listen I hate to poop on your parade but they have not shown us ANYTHING to the tune of moving mountains. The only thing I have seen is them say they ramped up production...meanwhile I sit with no rift, no updates on it everything is on track and no idea what is going on other than Palmer yelling at people on Reddit.

If you are going off "They said they are ramping up production" then I have a bridge to sell you my friend, because as much as I used to trust Oculus, right now they have given me no reason to take their word on anything.

(Cybereality I don't mean to be harsh but its needed...I will take a side note to say you have by far been the example of what Oculus employees should be like)

Oculus brought VR to everyone's mind and just as quickly as they helped create the community/market they are doing a darn good job of killing all excitement for it.

Instead of headlines talking about how amazing it is, how people are loving it....the first thing people see or hear concerning Oculus is this insane screw up...yeah that will surely get people to buy in...
    3Jane
    edited April 2016
    Yes you offer the alternate view for sure ... Life is Over ... Joy has Ended  :s

Please,  you can Cry me a River :'(  or you can just suck it up and get on with things - my point is that all the crying & berating Oculus for what has happened has been now done to death - at a certain point, which is right about now,  it all becomes quite pointless.  I believe they are onto it and speaking for myself,  I have gathered my dummy and all my toys and put them back into my cot ... For Now !  :p
    Art3mis
    Source Reddit (post has since been taken down or moved):  This customer had purchased on the Oculus website on 4/21/2016.  Order status SHIPPING; WTF OCULUS/FB!

VIP treatment BB, Amazon, and MS.  Who does that???  Oculus is a damn shame disappointed  

*Could care less the country/reigon BS
    *Could care less the Oculus charged for BS shipping (Note:  Most would have been delighted to pay shipping on a 9 day turnaround) 
  • KLOWN2KLOWN2 Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    I don't know why everybody has to pick a side I am not waiting on no one who ever has it ready at the time is getting my money I am the customer. Oculus did say consumer version will be out at a certain time but messes that up and then even if it they send the unit it is still not complete yes it is cheaper becuase it is not complete.Oculus don't care that you have not got yours he said it many times he said he rather have you wanting the Oculus Rift than having so many left overs that fills the landfills and expect more delays his quotes from talking to Reddit
    Art3mis
  • RikkTheGaijinRikkTheGaijin Posts: 399
    Trinity
    samsungtx said:
    Source Reddit (post has since been taken down or moved):  This customer had purchased on the Oculus website on 4/21/2016.  Order status SHIPPING; WTF OCULUS/FB!

VIP treatment BB, Amazon, and MS.  Who does that???  Oculus is a damn shame disappointed  

*Could care less the country/reigon BS
    *Could care less the Oculus charged for BS shipping (Note:  Most would have been delighted to pay shipping on a 9 day turnaround) 
    Please, tell me that is Photoshopped. PLEASE.
    Art3mis
    Sorry, NOT photo shopped / It's the real deal. Beyond crazy huh? Oculus = Big Joke!
  • Cmndr-HillCmndr-Hill Posts: 119
    Art3mis
    Troll <3 ,
    no feeding the animals
    3Jane
    Umm the obvious question is how was it proven NOT to be photoshopped ?  Something smell fishy !  :*
  • notsramnotsram Posts: 1,238
    Wintermute
    For an image as simple as that, it's pretty difficult to tell if it's genuine or not.
  • Sloeri007Sloeri007 Posts: 175
    Art3mis
    there can be many reasons why this particular order (if it wasn't Photoshopped) was moved to the front.
    perhaps it was send to a developer, to a staff member abroad, or any kind of VIP for whatever reason.
    There is not always a conspiracy behind things... this is not the X-Files :smiley: 
  • OblongshipOblongship Posts: 254
    Nexus 6
    blanes said:
    Umm the obvious question is how was it proven NOT to be photoshopped ?  Something smell fishy !  :*
    With everything Oculus has been doing wrong with this launch, they have moved me more in the realm of think it is real than not.

Not hating, just truthful as to the impression they have given me.
  • ZuhZuh Posts: 256
    Nexus 6
    Just remember that oculus in some cases of cancellation asked to reorder and promised to keep original place in queue. That would result in high number orders to be processed sooner.