OCULUS - Put some RESPECT on day 1 PRE ORDERS — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

OCULUS - Put some RESPECT on day 1 PRE ORDERS

SUBZer0VRSUBZer0VR Posts: 127
Art3mis
Source Reddit (post has since been taken down or moved):  This customer had purchased on the Oculus website on 4/21/2016.  Order status SHIPPING; WTF OCULUS/FB!

VIP treatment BB, Amazon, and MS.  Who does that???  Oculus is a damn shame :disappointed:  

*Could care less the country/reigon BS
*Could care less the Oculus charged for BS shipping (Note:  Most would have been delighted to pay shipping on a 9 day turnaround) 

Tagged:

Comments

• RikkTheGaijinRikkTheGaijin Posts: 399
    Trinity

• Cmndr-HillCmndr-Hill Posts: 119
    Art3mis

It's most likey a troll after an overreaction see above. <3

• SUBZer0VRSUBZer0VR Posts: 127
    Art3mis
    Yep, yes sir! Seen that too.
    Art3mis
    LOL. just proved you are troll.  <3
    let the trolls die of starvation.  hope you have a nice day. it's lovey and sunny here and the birds are singing, tweet tweet tweet.
    Trinity
    edited April 2016
    This is no troll, it's beyond insulting:

New Oculus PC bundles available on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Oculus-Alienware-Ready-Desktop-Bundle/dp/B01BHN27M2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1462003325&sr=8-2&keywords=oculus+rift

At the moment I'm typing this, there are three bundles available.
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    Art3mis
    No Bueno
  • kwildkwild Posts: 50
    Hiro Protagonist
    Really bad,bad news...
    i5 4670K@4,4Ghz -- 2x SLI MSI 970 Gaming 4G (Nvidia 358.50) -- ASUS Maximus Extreme VI -- 8GB G.Skill Ares F3-2133C9D-8GAB -- Windows 10 PRO x64 -- Windows Defender Antivirus
  • PowerboyPowerboy Posts: 95
    Hiro Protagonist
    Hes right... Oculus do something... We belive in you
  • jabjab Posts: 186
    Art3mis
    edited April 2016
    Since we are trolling here.. >:)
    I got mine last week (Norway) and did not even have to pay for it (Kickstarter).
    Could not care less, since I can't really use it yet. I'm not really a gamer and won't bothered to update my 750Ti until the GTX1000 are out..  I guess people have different priorities. B)
    Trinity
    jab said:
    Since we are trolling here.. >:)
    I got mine last week (Norway) and did not even have to pay for it (Kickstarter).
    Could not care less, since I can't really use it yet. I'm not really a gamer and won't bothered to update my 750Ti until the GTX1000 are out..  I guess people have different priorities. B)
    Can I have yours?
  • blanesblanes Posts: 1,068
    3Jane
    edited April 2016
    How did someone end up with 3 Rifts ?  The annoying thing is he may probably sell them on Ebay and make huge profit while others still wait ... human nature I guess but it had to be via some form of dishonesty to get 3 as there was supposed to be a one per customer limit wasn't there ?
    Art3mis
    more likely to be 2 fake boxes and one is real. 
    Only one reason for a picture like this and it's to try and get a reaction from us that are still waiting :D 

• LitespeedLitespeed Posts: 320
    Trinity
    Well they did respect my day 1 order. xxx28xxx number, original estimated ship date was April. They delivered on April 29th. In between they moved the ship date out to May 15th-29th but apparently they were able to recover the delay. Well done Oculus! B)
  • MradrMradr Posts: 3,367 Valuable Player
    edited April 2016
    I hate to say it ~ I was a 6min one and still waiting xD US - 26th I am about to cancel the order :P Giving it till Monday ~ if nothing ~ I'll just cancel and see about buying a Vive. My friend was offering me one, so I might take them up on it.
    Art3mis
    Understòod.  Sorry, too many have this same problem.  
  • DLC1DLC1 Posts: 99
    Hiro Protagonist
    ya know troll or not, he's only voicing and calling Oculus out on the truth! Oculus somewhere along the line completely botched this launch up bigtime....the big problem is lack of communication to their early adopters, which in turn relays arrogance and a lack of trust that Oculus have people in charge who know what they are even doing....it is very disappointing, HTC seems to have had their crap together so whats the deal with Oculus! I'm a xx30 and haven't heard a word since being emailed I'm delayed!  I'm hanging in there with rift...but one more delay or charging malfunction and I will cancel and buy Vive...I got to demo vive last summer and it was great, so atleast we have choices out there
  • GigantoadGigantoad Posts: 395
    Nexus 6
    3 Rift boxes in one image really says nothing whatsoever. for all we know they could have bought 3 off Ebay, multiple family members ordered one, friends came over with theirs, boxes are empty, photoshopped etc. etc.
    Trinity
    edited April 2016
    The three boxes are probably a group photo of three different people's Rifts that live in the same area, it makes sense, since Oculus is shipping in waves to the same places.
  • HanoverHanover Posts: 549
    Neo
    Dead horse beyond beaten.  
  • Hanover said:
    Dead horse beyond beaten.  
    It's going to continue getting beaten until day 1 preorders have their Rifts (or Oculus addresses the bundle-gate shenanigans).
    Neo
    edited April 2016
    Bundle-gate.  Man, you guys are bored and don't really get how retail vs direct orders work and how allocations  for one have absolutely no bearing on the other.  How old are you?   Seriously, just buy a Vive already.

Also, check this out...orders are going out like crazy now...
    https://www.reddit.com/live/wo8xml6rhfw6
  • DoctorFateDoctorFate Posts: 168
    Art3mis
    Yay, we moved a total of about 10 seconds in the US, this is phenominal. No seriously, this is getting depressing. Despite spamming the site hours before launch on Jan 6, the day one glitch caused my Day one order not to be processed towards just under the 30 minute mark amso at this rate I will never see them make my third estimated delivery of the end of May. I try to be hopeful and positive and ignore as much negativity as possible but I hate when people try to sugar coat everything and diminish the real reproach made and issue that are present.
  • All TREE OF Y'ALL. RESPECT MY DAY 1 PREORDER. ALL TREE OF Y'ALL. RESPEKT MY NAME
    Neo
    edited April 2016
    Yay, we moved a total of about 10 seconds in the US, this is phenominal. No seriously, this is getting depressing. So Despite spamming the site hours before launch on Jan 6, the day one glitch caused my Day one order not to be processed towards just under the 30 minute mark amso at this rate I will never see them make my third estimated delivery of the end of May. I try to be hopeful and positive and ignore as much negativity as possible but I hate when people try to sugar coat everything and diminish the real reproach made and issue that are present.
    So coming on here and reddit and posting the same thing over and over again is going to make your order get to you faster?
    Art3mis
    True, put some RESPEKT on it! Oculus will NOT even get a second thought on future products or projects.

VIVE = shipping
    PSVR = pre-ordered
    Gear VR = mainly FREE content; why continue purchasing?

OCULUS ($ee) deeeez NU*S
  • Lol ...people
    Art3mis
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, actions, and when they decide to press ENTER/SEND. Period!
  • DoctorFateDoctorFate Posts: 168
    Art3mis
    Does complaining help?  Is there a purpose to it?  Yes, I do believe there is to some respect.  Let me explain.  I am not the type of person who likes to complain simply for the sake of it.  In fact I'm the type that if I go out to eat and EVERYTHING is wrong, I'll suck it up, not complain and simply usually allow this experience to sway if I want to come back or not (and if they have those electronic survey's likely give an honest one).  But here, I do believe there are benefits and purposes behind it.  Let me explain my logic with a poor analogy.

Let's say you're my tenet and I am the landlord looking to collect rent money.  I come to you for it and you say you don't have a dollar in your pocket to give and I'm out of luck and will have to wait till some time down the road when you get paid next.  IF that is true and there isn't a single cent to give, then no matter how much complaining I do, you simply can't pay.  I have the option of kicking you out but no matter how much complaining I do nothing will change the fact.  I can either wait you our or kick you out.  Now to tie this back, this is like Oculus.  They had a component shortage they said which is like the tenet without money, none at all to give to us and the buyers (the landlord).  No matter how much complaining we do Oculus can't give us what they don't have in the form of completed units if there is a true component shortage meaning they don't have any to give.

Now here is where things go off the rails though.  Let's use the same landlord/tenet scenario again but this time the tenet actually does have money but is quietly saving it for beer and telling the landlord there is no funds to go around.  In this case the beer is retail(as they were only delayed by about five days from their initial estimate and then went out in full force to Amazon, Best Buy and Microsoft).  Yes there is a lack of money (or in our case product) so it can't go to beer and the landlord (Us and retail at the precise time) so they lie and simply give all available product to retail prioritizing them first prior to hitting their first party supporters from back in Jan 6th.  Now the reality of the situation is that pre-orderers are more like the beer as we aren't technically as financially giving as the retail outlet in vast numbers, but don't doubt that social media has elevated or destroyed companies in the past. In this case complaining and making waves EVENTUALLY (not any time soon I am sure) will put enough spotlight and pressure on the company to re-evaluate their decisions and priorities and eventually lead to us getting rifts sooner as they do exist just are being averted elsewhere at the moment.  While I normally deplore people simply complaining, I do believe in this case in vast enough numbers it will create a difference in their business model.
    Neo
    edited April 2016
    "I'm standing here in pieces and you're having delusions of grandeur!"

Dude, seriously, nobody cares except a few people on the internet waiting for their VRs that were delayed in the first major launch of bleeding edge technology.  If Oculus actually took your money, sure, maybe it could become a high profile story...but you still have the opportunity to speak with your wallet...and yet, here you still are.  So how can anyone take you seriously?  It would be a much better story if you actually had thousands of people cancel their orders and buy a Vive instead...but obviously you still see the value of The Rift.  So you're not much of a threat.

This is like Occupy Oculus.  :)