My Rift arrived a few weeks ago. — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

My Rift arrived a few weeks ago.

FlyingFoxFlyingFox Posts: 23
Brain Burst
And today I finally put it on after coming back from vacation. Only to find that theres a green hue and lines going all over the left lens. I tried to file a ticket in support, but the "Contact Us" link is invalid and leads to a site that doesnty exist. Please if anyone at support sees this I would really like some advise on what to do.
Tagged:

Comments

• AzuriaAzuria Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
  • MBoffinMBoffin Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    edited April 2016
    File a ticket with Support, as Azuria linked. And I really suggest you go through the Support forum and read through other people's experience dealing with Oculus Support. Learn everything you can from other people's experiences.

In summary, you should provide absolutely as much possible information as you can right off the bat. I mean EVERYTHING. Hardware specs, everything you've tried to get it to work, photos of it not working, descriptions, serial number from your box and serial from your Rift, shipping address for a replacement, e-mail for a return shipping label... EVERYTHING.

And I wish I was joking, but prepare to not receive a replacement for another 3-4 weeks at best.

There are quite a few of us that received DOA Rifts on or around the 11th of April, and we have yet to see any word of a replacement being sent back. One guy might receive a replacement on Monday, but that's the first I've seen anywhere of anyone getting a replacement actually in their hands, and he's had to raise a huge stink on these forums to actually get movement on his ticket. (I shipped my Rift back to Oculus already, but despite daily questions to them, the last thing I heard from them was over a week ago... They haven't even acknowledged that they received it!)

So... yeah. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you have a long haul of extremely frustrating back-and-forth with Oculus Support ahead of you. :(
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Sorry about that. Can you explain to me exactly what you were clicking on that went to an invalid link? I'll need to get that fixed ASAP. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • FlyingFoxFlyingFox Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    Sorry about that. Can you explain to me exactly what you were clicking on that went to an invalid link? I'll need to get that fixed ASAP. Thanks.
      https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/885981024820727/?ref=hc_fnav this here. The contact us link leads nowhere. I got to this site from the main site by pressing support.

Brain Burst
    MBoffin said:
    File a ticket with Support, as Azuria linked. And I really suggest you go through the Support forum and read through other people's experience dealing with Oculus Support. Learn everything you can from other people's experiences.

In summary, you should provide absolutely as much possible information as you can right off the bat. I mean EVERYTHING. Hardware specs, everything you've tried to get it to work, photos of it not working, descriptions, serial number from your box and serial from your Rift, shipping address for a replacement, e-mail for a return shipping label... EVERYTHING.

And I wish I was joking, but prepare to not receive a replacement for another 3-4 weeks at best.

There are quite a few of us that received DOA Rifts on or around the 11th of April, and we have yet to see any word of a replacement being sent back. One guy might receive a replacement on Monday, but that's the first I've seen anywhere of anyone getting a replacement actually in their hands, and he's had to raise a huge stink on these forums to actually get movement on his ticket. (I shipped my Rift back to Oculus already, but despite daily questions to them, the last thing I heard from them was over a week ago... They haven't even acknowledged that they received it!)

So... yeah. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you have a long haul of extremely frustrating back-and-forth with Oculus Support ahead of you. :(
    Well for starters I just described my problem and showed them my order number. Ill take things from there. I have a DK2 so it's not like im starved for VR.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Well, that already *is* the contact us page, so it's linking to itself. I don't believe anything is wrong. You just have to click the "click here" link in the middle to submit a ticket. 
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    NerveGear
    The reason I say provide everything up front is because their response time tends to be 2-4 days for every single question, no matter how small the question. (As just one example, they asked me if I used an HDMI adapter. I responded 8 minutes after they asked. They didn't reply back for 3 days.) By providing everything up front, you minimize as much back and forth as possible.
    Brain Burst
    Well, that already *is* the contact us page, so it's linking to itself. I don't believe anything is wrong. You just have to click the "click here" link in the middle to submit a ticket. 

And when I do that it leads nowhere. Also the site auto translates to danish.
  • SliderOverrideSliderOverride Posts: 83
    Hiro Protagonist
    Same for me green Line, and still waiting for the support.

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/375687#Comment_375687
  • Sloeri007Sloeri007 Posts: 175
    Art3mis
    edited May 2016
    the "click here to submit a new ticket" throws a page does not exit error.
    @cybereality ; Oculus really should be able to add a phone number as well.

the number of people reporting that they get no response in a reasonable time is worrying. This will be troublesome for future sales.  the excuse that the service departement is getting slammed with tickets only works for a small period. don't want to sound harsh here, but service is a key factor.
    Sales sells the first item, service the following ones.

• sandivuksandivuk Posts: 101
    @MBoffin
    Looks like that user is reporting his replacement unit isn't working either...
    NerveGear
    Yeah, that sucks. :(

I haven't heard back from Support on my ticket in a while, despite daily messages. Last word I had from Support was 6 business days ago (April 22nd).