New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Can't focus! :(

DeusVDeusV Posts: 2
I'm nearsighted and wear glasses, and frankly didn't even think it'd be an issue focusing on a screen 2 inches from my eyes, but I didn't account for the way they calibrated the focal distance. My glasses don't fit, and frankly it's kind of painful trying to focus while wearing the Rift. I know a 3rd party is trying to set up a business to create some clip on lenses to fix this, but I'm just incredibly disappointed with Occulus for not including some means of focusing the eye pieces.  Just a warning to anyone who wears glasses and thought they could get away without using them, you probably aren't going to be able to. Definitely try it before dropping so much money on one of these.
Tagged:

Comments

• TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,234 Valuable Player
    DeusV said:
     My glasses don't fit,
    Get some glasses that do fit?  Most people's glasses fit.   Also some people have had success taking lenses from old pairs and bluetacking them in place.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    edited April 2016
    Yes, it's a common misconception that you don't need your glasses because the screens are so close. Though technically the screen is centimeters from your face, the lenses focus at around 1.5 meters. So if you normally wear glasses, you will still need them to use Rift. 

Also, see this thread for glasses I bought that are comfortable with Rift.
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/35417/got-my-oculus-glasses
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV