cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Person View in VR

mambo1888
Rising Star
I was playing a bit of Alien Isolation today on my DK2 using VorpX. It works pretty good but I did feel a bit nauseous. I tried using the Aimon XB & Mouse and I think it works better than using the gamepad for any First Person type game.

I was thinking when I was playing it would be good if I could look in the direction I want to go and then hold down a button that would keep me pointing in that direction while I turned back to facing forward. I think that might work well and reduce the nauseous feeling. Im not sure how fluid it would be, but id be keen to try it, Is there any games that have a similar control system to this? 
2 REPLIES 2

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
Windlands has one of the best First Person VR control schemes I have come across.  I would try that one and see what you think.  I think you will have better luck with games that were built from the ground up for VR.  Hopefully they do a bit more work to Alien Isolation and make it a supported title.
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

mambo1888
Rising Star

Windlands has one of the best First Person VR control schemes I have come across.  I would try that one and see what you think.  I think you will have better luck with games that were built from the ground up for VR.  Hopefully they do a bit more work to Alien Isolation and make it a supported title.

Cheers, windlands is not one ive seen much of yet but il keep it in mind for the next purchase.

I think using the wand and mouse works better than the gamepad in Alien but your right when the game is designed to be used in VR from the start then we should see better results. 

Do you know any games that have a control similar to what I was suggesting where you look to what direction you want to go and hold a button that keeps you facing that way in game while you recentre yourself in the real world, id like to try it although it may be even worse than the way things are now.