Job openings due to STAFF jumping ship...who is next? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Job openings due to STAFF jumping ship...who is next?

Comments

• Percy1983Percy1983 Posts: 1,410
    Wintermute
    Member of staff fancies new challenge and wants to make a difference, good on her.

Who is next? Who knows. Will she be replaced? Certainly. Will Oculus carry on? Certainly.
    Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler
    Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+
    256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache
    Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    she's dropping work on VR headsets to fight disease

Talk about click-bait title... I'm pretty sure even Oculus are happy about this. If she can make a big difference in MRI technology she could potentially save one of our lives!! 

• nosys70nosys70 Posts: 466
    Art3mis
    edited May 2016
    now oculus is no more a developping company but a delivering (? at least it should !)  company, most of the people will jump out of the ship.
    Now day to day problems will be about pushing box at fast rate and giving support, that's usually not what people working in a startup are looking for.
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,757 Volunteer Moderator
    What a woman .. I am very happy for her ... ugh .. another trolling post. When will the madness stop!

In other news .... It's sunny outside here in the UK .... IT MUST BE THE END DAYS!
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,948 Volunteer Moderator
    I've left a few companies in my time... I think they're all still going... wtf
    Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.239)
  • Cmndr-HillCmndr-Hill Posts: 119
    Art3mis
    What a woman .. I am very happy for her ... ugh .. another trolling post. When will the madness stop!

In other news .... It's sunny outside here in the UK .... IT MUST BE THE END DAYS!
    If it was a sunny bank holiday weekend then I would be woried
  • RirtualVealityRirtualVeality Posts: 737
    Nexus 6
    samsungtx said:
    "Jumping ship" suggests that the ship is sinking.  It isn't.  So this is incorrect.
  • Ricktor_BlackRicktor_Black Posts: 198
    Art3mis
    That doesn't mean anything.  Brilliant people get bored quickly.  She probably helped solve the big challenges in front of her getting the Rift to CV1 and decided to do something new.  From this point out the Rift development will probably be more iterative than revolutionary (at least for a few years).  That might not be as interesting to some people who are really looking for a challenge.
  • AldhaAldha Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    Good for her, she's an inspiration to engineers. I wish her all the best.
    Thanks for the link. Awful title.
  • jrs69jrs69 Posts: 154
    Art3mis
    edited May 2016
    They have never stopped hiring so they are expanding. See https://www.oculus.com/en-us/careers/

I say with great respect that sometimes a top level manager leaving is a great thing. It often turns out that entrenched management holds everyone back. When you get new blood and a new view often there can be a  break through that otherwise wouldn't be possible. Top leaders are almost never fired unless there's a scandal. They will 99% of the time leave for new opportunities or be promoted out of that position because their talents are needed elsewhere. Good terms or bad you will never be able to tell unless you're on the know. That's the nice thing about being up at the top.   
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,583 Volunteer Moderator
    Did she yell "So long, suckers!" and burn the little bridge at the exit of the parking lot? That's what I always do when I leave a job.

i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,280 Valuable Player
    The intellectually appropriate Tagline for this piece of news is:

Oculus continues to create Jobs for talented hard-workers across the globe
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane