New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Setup keeps failing to install

MashyCodeMashyCode Posts: 2
Hello all,

Has anyone had the setup installer fail when trying to use the CV1? I keep getting the screen that tell me to restart my computer. My drivers are up to date and I've made sure that I had to previous versions of the Oculus Runtime. Running Windows 10 at the moment. Had a look in the log file, won't post the full thing but will post up the error messages that I can't make sense of:

[Error] [06/05/2016 14:44:43] Aborting installation due to failed preflight check.

System.IO.IOException: The directory is not empty.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound)
   at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
   at Dawn.Mixins.ReallyDeleteDirectory(String path)

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'libeay32.dll' is denied.
   at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound)
   at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
   at Dawn.Mixins.ReallyDeleteDirectory(String path)

Comments

• manni2811manni2811 Posts: 1
    I have the same problem. I think the problem is the istallation-location. The setup will install to C:\Progam Files imstead C:\Program Files(x86). When the software is 32bin, then it cannot be installed into the 64bit folder. Today i got my headset and i cant use it, that's annoying. I hope it will be fixed quickly.

• MashyCodeMashyCode Posts: 2
    So is there nothing I can do? I noticed there was an option to change the directory but doesn't allow me to specify where exactly to install the files other than making the directory itself. That being said, changing the install directory doesn't make any difference since the setup still fails to install
  • DevilsNipsDevilsNips Posts: 34
    Brain Burst
    someone fixed this issue by using CCleaner to remove runonce instances. others reported it fixing theirs too. https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4cbayl/oculus_home_wont_install_i_get_a_restart_computer/