New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

HDMI PIN bent

msm903msm903 Posts: 106
Art3mis
I just received my CV1. HDMI PIN is bent. There is no option to replace the HDMI cable in the CV1. I am very disapointed

Comments

• wickfutwickfut Posts: 202
    Art3mis
    It might still work. Some pins aren't used,
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Please stop using the device and contact Oculus Support. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • msm903msm903 Posts: 106
    Art3mis
    edited May 2016
    Doesn't work. First off it doesn't get detected at all on my HDMI port. When I use a HDMI to DVI adapter I get a weird green flashing grid on the screen. Some times even the HDMI to DVI doesn't work. Screen stays black. I have tried every connection on my 2 GTX 970s and have received varying degrees of the same issue.

I just opened a ticket. Not sure how long until I get a response.
    Art3mis
    Please stop using the device and contact Oculus Support. Thanks.
    Thanks. I have submitted a ticket and placed the Rift back into the box.
    Art3mis
    So apparently after receiving the  pictures of the bent pins on the hdmi part of the cable, the Support team asks me to give them some time to look into the issue.  At this point that doesn't sound promising, I would have assumed by seeing that the pins were bent a replacement cable would have been shipped.

@cybereality, do you have any idea whether replacement cables can be provided in this situation. At this moment I have a 600 dollar product that I cannot utilize. Just received it on 5/13/2016. At this point if I had to pay for the cable myself I would be willing to do that.
    Yes, mostly likely we will be able to send a replacement cable. However, it needs to be approved by a higher level agent first, which is why they probably said they'd look into it. I'm pretty sure the replacement cable will be offered. If not, send me a PM and I will poke them.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Art3mis
    Thank you sir
  • Same problem here:
    got my Rift CV1 today and no luck getting it to work due to the HDI connection error.
    pins on the HDMI connector of my cable seem very uneven.
    Contacted support, hope i get a quick replacement cable
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,854 Volunteer Moderator
    Do these items not get checked !!! What's going on here ? Very concerned when mine arrives after all this time I'll be waiting again with a damaged part???
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• takazerkertakazerker Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Having same problem.
    4 pins were bent :'(
  • neorifterneorifter Posts: 58
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 2016
    I took some good pictures of this problem with comparison to another hdmi connector will post shortly. See my post on the main page.
    Art3mis
    My replacement cable was shipped last Friday. I should have it by tomorrow. I will definitely verify the pins prior to usage this time.
  • god_alomgod_alom Posts: 546
    Nexus 6
    You can take out the hdmi-usb cable?
    Art3mis
    Galuz said:
    You can take out the hdmi-usb cable?
    Yes it detaches from the device once you remove the face plate. It uses a customer connector though. So you need a cable from Oculus for replacement.
  • MrGearingMrGearing Posts: 5
    Got mine this weekend and i have the same thing £600 for a product that i cant use its a disgrace sorry but im very upset with the quality of the cables and it seems to be a very big issue with no real input from oculus themselves  or im just being stupid and cant see a announcement about this problem. Ps my monitor wont work in my hdmi slot now so potentially ruined my 970 as well gg gg
  • starscream34starscream34 Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    @cybereality i believe my problem is the cable and i haven't heard from support in 5 days and even after giving my address as requested they haven't offered me a replacement, best of luck to you @msm903
    Art3mis
    I kept messaging them. The replacement cable works but I'm plugged into a display port to hdmi adapter. Sadly the quality of the replacement cable looks similar to that of the original cable. I am scared to unplug it. I may just decide to tape the cable to the hdmi adapter. :(
  • starscream34starscream34 Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    @msm903 if i ever get the replacement I'm due I'm never unplugging it again lol
    Really sorry. I know support has been delayed on responding to some of these issues. It's not a great situation, but if you hang tight a little longer, you should see a response. Thanks.
  • After waiting for months I finally got my Rift today and I was so excited to try VR for the first time. Then I got the dreaded "HDMI cable is not plugged in" and my world turned to ashes. I have looked at the HDMI pins and although I couldn't see anything wrong with my graphics card i did see something horrifying with my Rifts HDMI. One of the pins is pushed back a little and is slightly bent out.... I feel like crying now. I have msged support but now I am worried I wont see a replacement cable, or fix for my problem, for weeks *cries*
  • Sloeri007Sloeri007 Posts: 175
    Art3mis
    edited June 2016
    i'm surprised that the "bad quality hdmi cable" issue still happens with the latest batches being delivered.

i thought this issue was/is already known since the first units that were shipped, and supposed to be rectified by now ??

• RiegelRiegel Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    After having the dreaded HDMI not connected error for 2 weeks I have found this post. I now see the left 2 most pins are bent to hell and back.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    New cable fixed all problems.
  • tepescovirtepescovir Posts: 19
    Same issue, but having problems contacting support as i dont have my order number as i was a kickstarter and the link that oculus supplied to my order now longer works , Any idea?
  • PayneSculpturesPayneSculptures Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    Hi guys, what issues do bent HDMI cause other than (HDMI NOT CONNECTED) - style warnings? Not bad tracking I assume as that is a data connection?
  • Blackfly1976Blackfly1976 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I just found this issue myself. 
    Before HDMI going out completely I was getting video drop outs ~3-5s with headset audio and screen mirror unaffected. 
  • Sweatydog29Sweatydog29 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I just got a new replacement cable. It bent within 20 minutes. I expect a continuous supply of free replacements until you make the cable more reliable.