cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Cars VR Settings

mambo1888
Rising Star
I was originally having trouble getting Project Cars looking and playing good after the last update, Ive finally got it back to the way it was before. Ive still got to mess about with some of the Visual FX settings to see what makes a difference but here is the settings I have at the moment and its working great on my system. I think the main culprit to why I was having issues was the grass setting, I will try that a bit later on. I just raised the graphics gradually restarting the game each time and making sure it wasn't juddery. If anyone else wants to post up there settings along with there system specs that would be great so we can trying and make improvements here and there...

I should note that I thought the resolution setting affected the HMD but I tried a few different resolutions this morning and it seems I was talking out my ass, so Ive now set it on the lowest 640 x something.

My system:

Asus P9 X79
i7 3930K @ 4Ghz
16GB DDR3
GTX 980ti
HTC Vive

Visual FX

w200gi7satp7.jpg

Performance

fpaeeqtba14s.jpg

Hardware

nfuo8uiv9tca.jpg

40 REPLIES 40

Stairmand
Adventurer

I can run it maxed with no issues, however the colours drive me nuts. Sturation is poor. I'd like a way to adjust colours on the Rift display.

mambo1888
Rising Star
Mine was running fine, then it updated for the official support it looked really bad, very washed out and reduced graphics. I started messing about with settings and resolutions and now its really bad and jittery. Some on the steam forums has said they need to have everything on low with a similar pc to mine while others say that can have it maxed, I wish I could go back to the way it was when I was using the Revive Injector.

Percy1983
Superstar
Mine looks fine and is using 'out of box' settings (steam version), it has only every run on the rift.

I will report back how mine is setup as mine seems fine (3570k @ 4.5ghz + 290x)
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

mambo1888
Rising Star
Cheers @Percy1983 I think I will be selling my Vive and just going to go with the Rift but id like to get Project Cars running again so I can keep playing till I sell it, if you could let me know what resolution is displayed in the settings too that would be great, thanks.

OutatimeTV
Protege
I can post my settings later. But the most important setting for me was AA.
On the standard AA2x the picture was pixelated and flickering. I can turn it up to AA9x and it's so much better now. It runs very smooth on my ATI R9 390

mambo1888
Rising Star

I can post my settings later. But the most important setting for me was AA.
On the standard AA2x the picture was pixelated and flickering. I can turn it up to AA9x and it's so much better now. It runs very smooth on my ATI R9 390

Thanks mate, Ive actually got it running quite good now but I want to try and fine tune it a bit more. It may be worth posting your settings up along with your setup, il do the same and anyone else who wants to, so we can compare and maybe find improvements here and there. It might also help anyone else in the future, just an idea.

OutatimeTV
Protege
PCarsVR-Settings

935s18ybkjtu.jpg

Graphic Settings

da3jon2wbibu.jpg

pmrgg0pu61qh.jpg

I use clear weather, 20 cars on track, my monitor (second display) is set to 1280x720 60Hz.

Some say Jitter Correction from 4.0 ->1.0 but I don't see any difference in picture clarity.
I have tried several different graphic options (with game restart every time) and my best results in the screeshots. Only in german.

DS6X is a bit more fluid in the corners (background trees are a little bit jittery) but DS9X is visually better for me.

mambo1888
Rising Star
@OutatimeTV Cheers mate im hoping to get mine up tonight or tomorrow. I think I settled on DS6X as soon as I went above that it got jittery.

There is some discussion as to wether the resolution effects the HMD or just the mirrored display. To me it looked like it was making a difference to the HMD but I will have another play about when I get the chance.

mambo1888
Rising Star
Thats me updated the thread with my settings at the moment, would be good to see what other people are using incase improvements can be made anywhere. As I said I think the main culprit was having the grass setting on or too high, will look into that more later.