Project Cars VR Settings - Page 2 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Project Cars VR Settings

2»

Comments

• mambo1888mambo1888 Posts: 796
    Neo
    EliteSPA said:
    @mambo1888 I have noticed that PC runs better qua perfomance on CV1, something to do with asynchronous time warp
    Its running quite good now, but still not as good as it was on the DK2 or before the update to include Vive support so might just be better optimised for oculus. Hopefully wont be long till I have my rift now though.

Im wanting to get into something tonight so I might try and get Assetto Corsa working, when I tried the other day after I bought it I couldnt get into a race, it would go to the loading screen after selecting car and track etc but then just go back to the set up menu.
  • godwispergodwisper Posts: 203
    Nexus 6
    still undecided what to do about project cars. Never was into driving games and think I might get bored too quickly. Got a good offer for a G25 racing wheel but has a problem with the reverse on the shifter but guy told me I can use the flaps. opinions ?
  • mambo1888mambo1888 Posts: 796
    Neo
    godwisper said:
    still undecided what to do about project cars. Never was into driving games and think I might get bored too quickly. Got a good offer for a G25 racing wheel but has a problem with the reverse on the shifter but guy told me I can use the flaps. opinions ?
    Im not a massive driving sim fan, I don't drive in the real world either but I find them great fun in VR with a wheel and pedal setup. 

It would have to be a really good deal on the G25 especially with the fault the were selling the latest wheels at a great discount recently so I would expect the second hand market of G25 and G27s to be quite good at the moment.

With regards to flappy paddles The ones on the G27 work fine but I only play automatic as im not very good and lazy :smile: 
  • Lemming1970Lemming1970 Posts: 681
    Neo
    godwisper said:

If you watch any youtube videos look at UKRifter, as he says many times, he's not into racing games, but this is like owning a garage full of super cars.

As for the wheel, the paddles are a great way to play the game. If it's only reverse that there is an issue with you could always just use the paddle to select that gear.

BTW what you classing as a good deal? As I have a G25 I'm trying to sell, but can't find a buyer.

Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series
    i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler.
    Zotac 1080Ti
    16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz
    Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz
    Nexus 6
    edited May 2016
    godwisper said:

If you watch any youtube videos look at UKRifter, as he says many times, he's not into racing games, but this is like owning a garage full of super cars.

As for the wheel, the paddles are a great way to play the game. If it's only reverse that there is an issue with you could always just use the paddle to select that gear.

BTW what you classing as a good deal? As I have a G25 I'm trying to sell, but can't find a buyer.

€75 am in Europe on a small island. Do I need to buy as well a stand for the wheel or I can do without somehow ?
    Neo
    godwisper said:
    godwisper said:

€75 am in Europe on a small island

Probably about right. Just be aware they the G27 stick is not compatable with the G25 if you ever think of replacing the stick.

Another great option with the G25 which isn't on any of their later sticks is you can switch the gear stick to a triptronic set up i.e. forward for up the gears and backwards for down the gears, This would also be an option for selecting reverse.
    Zotac 1080Ti
  • edmgedmg Posts: 1,142
    Wintermute
    godwisper said:
    €75 am in Europe on a small island. Do I need to buy as well a stand for the wheel or I can do without somehow ?
    My G29 will just clamp to a table, so I presume the G25 will do the same. However, Dirt Rally can shake it loose, so I did order a racing chair from Amazon when they were selling one cheap last week.
    Neo
    godwisper said:
    godwisper said:

Both the wheel and the stick come with 'L' clamps to clamp them to a table etc. there are also 2 threaded holes if you want to bolt it down.
    I find the 'L' clamps more than good enough to clap it to my glass PC desk.
    Zotac 1080Ti
    Nexus 6
    Thanks to all. Just bought the game and next Saturday will collect the wheels.
  • mh1okmh1ok Posts: 1
    edited September 2016
    Any good settings to reduce the glare on Project Cars? It really makes it un-playable.

I don't see this kind of glare on other games but in PC it is way too much