cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a reliable way to install the Oculus DK2 on a Windows 10 machine?

HallOfShadows
Honored Guest
I've been going all over the net and reading a variety of different methods posted at different times, but none have been successful with the DK2 that my son bought and has since given up on because he had the same problems I'm now having. I tried the current version of the software and it did install and gave me a blue light on my headset. I was able to view the menu on the Oculus software in VR, but thats the only image I have been able to get on my goggles. Windows nor any of my Oculus friendly apps seem to see it and theres no Oculus config icon on my system tray. I also tried running version .08 in compatability mode. That gave me the config icon in my tray and Windows could see when I plugged and unplugged my headset, but I never got a blue light and still no apps can see it. My end game here is to get a VR media player like Kolor Eyes to work as well as a VR plugin pack I got to use with Lightwave 3D, a plugin package called Ubercam from Liberty 3D which uses the DK2 on their demo video. Could I please find out what version of the software is my best bet under these circumstances and find out if I need to jump through any hoops during installation? Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

nosys70
Expert Protege
i installed it with latest package and it is totally ok.
there is no point to install the old SDKs on win10.
if you need to run an old demo with old SDK, install a dual boot with win7.
on my pc i got triple boot win7, win8.1 and win10