Titans of Space 2.0 now available on Oculus Home! — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Titans of Space 2.0 now available on Oculus Home!

drashdrash Posts: 2,846
Neo
edited May 2016 in Games and Apps
Hi everyone,

Today I'm announcing that Titans of Space 2.0 is coming with full CV1 support (including Remote, standing support, adjusted art to minimize glare, etc).   I currently have plans to release it on May 24th on Steam, and hopefully on Oculus Home soon.    And it is now available! 

I'm really excited to be working on this again, and I've added a few features and a little bit of content since the last PC version that was hosted on Share to get things started.

Here's the Early Access launch trailer:

Here's an article posted on UploadVR this morning:
http://uploadvr.com/titans-space-2-arrives-early-access-next-week-rift-vive/

And here's a reddit thread where I am currently answering any questions:
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4k88po/titans_of_space_2_arrives_in_early_access_next/

The Titans of Space website has been updated, and here's a little snippet from there outlining what's new in 2.0:
  • The "Classic" tour, updated with full support for the Oculus Rift CV1, including Remote support.
  • Standing Support.
  • Side-by-Side Comparisons feature.
  • Gravity Probe Launcher feature.
  • Real Distance View feature.
  • Small content additions.
At this time, the roadmap includes five more major features and modes, plus additional content for the Solar System, and fresh new content beyond. New features and content will be released in regular chunks, always polished and playable, and always built from the ground up for VR.

Thanks. :)

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,710 Volunteer Moderator
    Cool, that was one of my favourite DK2 demo's. Looking forward to it!
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • ZoomieZoomie Posts: 1,777 Valuable Player
    edited May 2016

One of the undisputed best experiences for DK2, now coming to CV1. 
    Highly recommend this to everyone and anyone with a VR headset.

Best comment on the reddit thread so far:

THROWS WALLET AT SCREEN

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C Clarke
  • mambo1888mambo1888 Posts: 796
    Neo
    Great news, this was one of the demos that I would keep going back too. This and From Ashes were two demos I used alot to introduce people to VR
  • 3dvrmonster3dvrmonster Posts: 136
    Hiro Protagonist
    so sexy
    Intel Core i7-3820 OC@ 4.7 Ghz (Liquid-cooled) on ASUS Sabertooth X79 mobo
    16 GB Quad Channel DDR 3 1600 Mhz with 250 gb SSD
    GTX 980
    working with DK2 to make something great!
  • drashdrash Posts: 2,846
    Neo
    mambo1888 said:
    Great news, this was one of the demos that I would keep going back too. This and From Ashes were two demos I used alot to introduce people to VR
    Wow, I miss From Ashes!  Haven't seen that one in a long time.   Emotional roller coaster, that one was.
  • GenetixStudioGenetixStudio Posts: 770
    3Jane
    edited May 2016
    Awesome, this was one of my absolute favorite experiences on Google Cardboard - and one I always showed to others. Just got my Rift yesterday, and definitely want to check it out on there. Keep up the amazing work!
  • mambo1888mambo1888 Posts: 796
    Neo
    drash said:
    mambo1888 said:
    Wow, I miss From Ashes!  Haven't seen that one in a long time.   Emotional roller coaster, that one was.
    I remember the first time I experienced From Ashes, I was truly stunned. Would love to see it updated for CV1.
  • Sloeri007Sloeri007 Posts: 175
    Art3mis
    this is fantastic. was already stunning on the DK2, so i can't wait to try it out on CV1 (when it finally arrives in hopefully a couple of weeks from now... LOL)
  • Cmndr-HillCmndr-Hill Posts: 119
    Art3mis
    Wow looks great and sounds great. Can't wait to try it.
  • danworlddanworld Posts: 127
    Art3mis
    I still remember when I first tried this, blew my mind. Looking forward to 2.0!
  • ThugThug Posts: 431
    Trinity
    Looking forward to this, TOS was my 'go to' app to show of my DK2.
    CPU: Intel i7-5820k @3.30GHz,
    Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX1080,
    RAM: 16GB DDR5,
    Viewed on: Oculus Rift or 28" BenQ monitor (x2),
    Hard Drive: 240GB OCZ SSD (games), 128GB Samsung SSD (OS), 64GB SSD (3d),
  • SimsaiDSimsaiD Posts: 11
    Hi Drash, great job! After watching the video i was wondering if there will be an option of a more minimal ship like in 1.8? or a way to temporarily make it transparent while looking around. Again great job!
    Neo
    edited May 2016
    SimsaiD said:
    Hi Drash, great job! After watching the video i was wondering if there will be an option of a more minimal ship like in 1.8? or a way to temporarily make it transparent while looking around. Again great job!
    Just replied to you on the Steam forum, so pasting my reply here too:

If you're referring to the new "frame" the surrounds the ship, yes you can absolutely go back to the old behavior by turning "Protective Frame" off in the options menu. The new default behavior ("While Moving") simply makes it show up while the ship is moving in order to help those sensitive to motion by giving them a frame of reference no matter where they look.

Hope that helps!
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,792 Valuable Player
    Absolutely gutted!

Saw this just now and raced over to Steam to get it - what the hell - 11 hours to go?

...i thought it was the 25th May.   :/
  • GeraldGerald Posts: 1,068
    Nexus 6
    looks cool drash! Looking forward to put my Nephews in there. Will there be a localized version in German for the smaller one?
    check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Guns N' Dragons
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,078 Valuable Player
    Looking forward to it, you are a VR legend and pioneer sir.
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,046 Volunteer Moderator
    been looking forward to getting this up & running with CV1... checking the website regularly for news, got very excited yesterday when I saw it was on Steam... like @andyring, I had to calm down a bit when I realised there was a couple days to wait... probably my favourite DK2 experience
    Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.239)
  • ZoomieZoomie Posts: 1,777 Valuable Player
    Hey @Drash , will people who purchase this on Steam tomorrow be given OH codes or should I wait until Oculus is selling it directly?  I try to stick native to OH when possible just because I'm not a fan of Steam booting itself whenever I want to run a game on the Rift.  I know these cross-platform codes can be tricky to manage.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C Clarke
    Neo
    edited May 2016
    Titans of Space 2.0 is actually now available on Oculus Home!   But you'll have to find it in the Browse All section until it's fully launched in the store.    

If anyone runs into any issues, please let me know, and hope you enjoy it.

And yep, cross-platform code situation is very tricky.  Handling it on a case-by-case basis as I don't have the time or experience to set up a dedicated page or automated mechanism like some devs have done.

@Gerald, the old German translations are still in there, although I'll be updating it shortly.  It's still going to be incomplete and out of date though, since I'm changing/adding a lot of text in this development cycle.
  • GeraldGerald Posts: 1,068
    Nexus 6
    ahh cool - I admit I never noticed them (never put my nephews through it, but they are now 2 years older and I think it might be time to spark their interest in the universe :) )
    check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Guns N' Dragons
  • sanderbossanderbos Posts: 94
    Hiro Protagonist
    Instabought. Mostly as thank you to the developer for the time this was *the* go to demo for the Rift for me. Oh, the memories!
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,046 Volunteer Moderator
    superb experience, thoroughly enjoyed it on the DK2 & probably the least difficult purchase decision I've made so far for CV1
    Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.239)
  • tommettommet Posts: 107
    Hiro Protagonist
    Instabought albeit from Steam.  Wouldn't mind an Oculus Home code, but I understand if they can't be supplied.
  • darkgaizatdarkgaizat Posts: 30
    Brain Burst
    I noticed that a lot of content was missing (the moons and asteroid field mainly) from the demo. Is any of this planned to be put back in at any time?
  • ntwigbelsntwigbels Posts: 70
    Hiro Protagonist
    sanderbos said:
    Instabought. Mostly as thank you to the developer for the time this was *the* go to demo for the Rift for me. Oh, the memories!
    Same here ;)
    Neo
    edited May 2016
    This has been a incredible show of support from you guys, I really can't thank you enough!

I noticed that a lot of content was missing (the moons and asteroid field mainly) from the demo. Is any of this planned to be put back in at any time?
    I suspect you chose the "Short" tour option in the beginning?  If so, then it will skip most of the moons.   Choose the "Full" tour and you'll see all the stuff that was in earlier versions (plus a tiny bit more).

And of course, it's Early Access, so more is coming in the next few updates.

• AndrewJ71AndrewJ71 Posts: 280
    Nexus 6
    I bought it on Home last night. Even though my Rift is still a couple of months away. :lol: 
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,078 Valuable Player
    edited May 2016
    Bought it last night, fantastic as always and nice to be able to give a little back to you for all the hard work you have put in to the VR demos over the years and the awe you inspired the first time I put on my DK1. 
  • Mace404Mace404 Posts: 208
    Nexus 6
    tommet said:
    Instabought albeit from Steam.  Wouldn't mind an Oculus Home code, but I understand if they can't be supplied.
    Send him an email (support at drashvr dot com) and nicely ask for an Oculus Home key.
    I also mentioned my Steam transaction ID and got a key.
    He mentioned in a Steam discussion that he handles per user basis so it could take a while.
  • oscopeoscope Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    Cool! I can't wait to try it when my rift finally gets here.