Oculus Share Is Live! — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Share Is Live!

cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
edited December 2013 in Oculus Share
Great news! Oculus Share is live!!!

https://share.oculus.com/

This is *the* place to download and share Oculus-enabled demos and games. No longer will you have to dig through the forums to find content. Download the best apps out there for the Rift on Oculus Share.

And to commemorate the launch, we have created a new forum category just for all things Share.

Have fun!
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Comments

• RocketRocket Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    Everytime I click on a AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaCULUS!!! link I get sent to the wrong app, anyone else getting this?
  • leperleper Posts: 9
    Looks pretty awesome! Riftenabled had been filling this niche pretty well but good to have another well organised source.
  • Dexter111Dexter111 Posts: 184
    Yeah, the site doesn't seem particularly simple or easy to use for now...
    That EULA was somewhat scary to look at to start with. Opening links doesn't seem to work all the time and clicking certain items like say "Proton Pulse" leads to others like "Undercurrent".

Clicking on "AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaCULUS!!!" leads to "Proton Pulse", clicking Download Now on that just returns "true" on a blank page.
    Clicking on items sometimes returns "No Apps". Downloading from a specific site may contain a different app (for instance it said Alone in the Rift/Proton Pulse) and it actually downloaded Aaa... for the Awesome.

Nor is there much content there yet. :D

I assume Oculus did some sort of deal with some of the developers of those KickStarter/Indiegogo games to feature their games on the page?
  • whoisonlinewhoisonline Posts: 415
    NerveGear
    Great news! Oculus Share is live!!!

https://share.oculus.com/

This is *the* place to download and share Oculus-enabled demos and games. No longer will you have to dig through the forums to find content. Download the best apps out there for the Rift on Oculus Share.

And to commemorate the launch, we have created a new forum category just for all things Share.

Have fun!

I hope it takes off .. thanks.
  • lgv212lgv212 Posts: 197
    Hiro Protagonist
    Rocket wrote:
    Everytime I click on a AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaCULUS!!! link I get sent to the wrong app, anyone else getting this?

Yea, I clicked AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaCULUS!!! and it took me to Alone in the Rift, but it had the AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaCULUS!!! comments!
  • VinVin Posts: 874
    Brain Burst
    I love that it's being vetted. I'd also like to see a buy in.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Yes, looks like there are still a few kinks to iron out, but we're on it.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • DeadlyJoeDeadlyJoe Posts: 775
    3Jane
    The site looks fantastic. Although the fan sites have been great, it's really nice to have a centralized community portal. Thanks for putting this together, Team Oculus.
  • TtakalaTtakala Posts: 56
    Brain Burst
    Bug report coming up:
    I submitted our app, TurboTuscany. I entered all the way to the final phase of submitting files and clicked finished, but it seems like my submission failed even though it said it went through. For example, it never asked me to submit the actual game files. Also, the Save Youtube and Images buttons went into eternal loop when I clicked them.
  • regularslinkyregularslinky Posts: 148
    Brain Burst
    This is just funny now. Apparently I'm logged in as "yuji shimada" according to the forum lol.
  • TboneTbone Posts: 321
    Art3mis
    I'm assuming this is the early Beta of Share where you get a bunch of us to just break things :)

I hope you guys are planning on making Share accessible from inside the Rift as a sort of game launcher or OS! It seems like this might be step 1 of that!
    fasig2016.jpg
    The Furious Angels
    - an Oculus Rift Online Gaming Community!
  • goettelgoettel Posts: 289
    Unexpected, nice move.

Curious about the "Mod" category, can't wait to check it out after the current F5 barrage has quieted down a bit. :lol:
  • Super excited for the community. Thanks for building this!
    VirtualReality.io: Oculus Rift software that connects you to other VR apps, without having to configure anything or take off your Rift. It allows you to browse, download, and launch VR apps all inside of a VR world.
  • HappyHimitsuHappyHimitsu Posts: 990
    Art3mis
    Down for Maintenance

That's probably a good thing :D

I can't wait to check this out! Thanks Oculus! :)
    “If you are willing to look at another person’s behavior toward you as a reflection of the state of their relationship with themselves rather than a statement about your value as a person, then you will, over a period of time cease to react at all.”
    (~I really gotta remember this shiz~)
    ― Yogi Bhajan
  • WalkyWalky Posts: 357
    Brain Burst
    Very nice, thanks for this. Hopefully this will also give improved notoriety to older demos that get lost in past forum pages.
  • jhericojherico Posts: 1,419
    Nexus 6
    I think it would be cool if you could add aggregated star ratings and user reviews, similar to Amazon product reviews.
    Brad Davis - Developer for High Fidelity
    Co-author of Oculus Rift in Action

Yes, we have a 5 star rating system to allow people to vote on demos they like.
  • GzhindraGzhindra Posts: 64
    I don't know.

Maybe I'm a bit paranoid but when I connect this tread with Palmer's statement that he would like the Oculus Rift to be free I start smelling the royalties' smell from afar.

I really hope we will never get an apple like closed market place. It would be a serious deterrent for me.
  • VinVin Posts: 874
    Brain Burst
    Gzhindra wrote:
    I don't know.

Maybe I'm a bit paranoid but when I connect this tread with Palmer's statement that he would like the Oculus Rift to be free I start smelling the royalties' smell from afar.

I really hope we will never get an apple like closed market place. It would be a serious deterrent for me.

Yeah, I'm with you. When a big company is allowed to make money off their product, that's crossing serious moral lines. No company should ever make money.
    The PC is an open platform. PC developers are free to sell their software themselves, or give it away for free, or do whatever they want. We are not trying to control that. The idea is just to make things easy for end-users to find content for the Rift.
  • TboneTbone Posts: 321
    Art3mis
    The PC is an open platform. PC developers are free to sell their software themselves, or give it away for free, or do whatever they want. We are not trying to control that. The idea is just to make things easy for end-users to find content for the Rift.
    Cyber has a good point. Apple can control their apps because the iPhone and similar devices are completely closed (unless you jailbreak them). The PC is open, and therefore no one can control the software completely. Steam can't keep you from buying or obtaining games from other sources. They succeed because they have a good business model and people appreciate the convenience.

If Oculus came out with their own console-like device, then yes, they could control the game marketplace, but I don't anticipate that happening in the first generation. I guess they could radically change the way the Rift works where nothing shows up on the device unless it passes a security check that's verified online, but even that can be worked around. They're just mirroring your desktop, though :D

Honestly Oculus should do whatever is going to make VR easier for the masses and push it towards the mainstream. If that means trying to develop a closed system, so be it, but they chose the PC first for a reason, and Cyber hit the nail on the head.
    fasig2016.jpg
    The Furious Angels
    - an Oculus Rift Online Gaming Community!
  • GzhindraGzhindra Posts: 64
    Vin wrote:
    Gzhindra wrote:
    I don't know.

Yeah, I'm with you. When a big company is allowed to make money off their product, that's crossing serious moral lines. No company should ever make money.

When did I raise any moral issue?
    You are making that up yourself dude. Bad habit you have there. You should start working on it.
  • KrisperKrisper Posts: 168
    Tbone wrote:
    I hope you guys are planning on making Share accessible from inside the Rift as a sort of game launcher or OS! It seems like this might be step 1 of that!

Yeah +1 on this, I want to browse, download and run games from Share with my Rift on.
  • whoisonlinewhoisonline Posts: 415
    NerveGear
    Krisper wrote:
    Tbone wrote:

Yeah +1 on this, I want to browse, download and run games from Share with my Rift on.

Man .. that would be the best app so far, having one that could launch other apps without needing to remove the goggles :-)
  • RuudscornerRuudscorner Posts: 436
    Art3mis
    To bad Microsofts wet dream is to have an "app store" for Windows. And it gets even soggier as they want to close it like on Windows RT. The day that happen is the day Windows will slowly die. I just hope we have a good alternative by then.
  • regularslinkyregularslinky Posts: 148
    Brain Burst
    A share.oculus.com API would be useful.
  • RavenRaven Posts: 90 Oculus Partner
    A share.oculus.com API would be useful.

I second that wholeheartedly! It'd be awesome to be able to embed a list of your games on Share. Or a list of recently liked /favorited items / personal top rated.

But that's a nice to have feature - so for now I vote for keeping focus on improving the functionality of the site itself.
  • Gzhindra wrote:
    Vin wrote:
    Gzhindra wrote:
    I don't know.

When did I raise any moral issue?
    You are making that up yourself dude. Bad habit you have there. You should start working on it.

It's always about the money isn't it.......even for the underdog....nobody will believe anybody who says that their plan is for the common good of things.(unless its a politician, even though we all know their lying anyway just to line their own pockets) Remember months ago on these forums people were crying that they were losing money cause they haven't had the rift shipped yet? money money money. It makes the world go around yet is isn't sustainable as the populous grows because of greed. If a company cant make a profit then there would be no progress in tech,(you would all still be playing Atari or Nes)so don't even try to make out Oculus into this greedy corporation. Let them run with it as far as they can. Let them make money. Let there be RIFT...............
    Oculus Share is back up (although with limited functionality).