New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Share Is Live!

Comments

• XemakonXemakon Posts: 188
    Hiro Protagonist
    Grabbed the Gallery from Share and gave it a test drive. Incredible. :o
  • MrGeddingsMrGeddings Posts: 604
    Art3mis
    gotta say i like it so far. its easy to just find something and download, a great resource for Rifters. I hope they will offer a section of games from the VR contest at the end of the 3 weeks too that would be awesome and give a lot more stuff to try out!
  • marcosourcemarcosource Posts: 47
    Brain Burst
    goettel wrote:
    Unexpected, nice move.

Curious about the "Mod" category, can't wait to check it out after the current F5 barrage has quieted down a bit. :lol:

I'd guess Ttakala's "TurboTuscany" would qualify as a mod.
    Unless it's like modification installers etc for games that are not originaly rifted.

We'll see.

Ttakala: I've been working on something I'd like to put up too, but I'm not seeing anything resembling a "upload/submit" section, where did you find it ?
  • TtakalaTtakala Posts: 60
    Hiro Protagonist

Ttakala: I've been working on something I'd like to put up too, but I'm not seeing anything resembling a "upload/submit" section, where did you find it ?

Submitting a Rift game/demo was possible just after when they opened it (didn't work for me). Now it seems to be taken down, I guess they're ironing out the bugs.
  • Dexter111Dexter111 Posts: 184

Not sure if this was posted yet.
  • CyaceneCyacene Posts: 12
    Oh! During that video at 4:11, they talk about one of the things Ive brought up before here: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2539

I just want to sit on the beach and watch!
  • marcosourcemarcosource Posts: 47
    Brain Burst
    Ttakala wrote:

Submitting a Rift game/demo was possible just after when they opened it (didn't work for me). Now it seems to be taken down, I guess they're ironing out the bugs.

Aha, okay, thanks :)
    That explains a bit :D
  • ssshakessshake Posts: 72
    Maybe this info is posted somewhere I didnt see but how to games actually get submitted to Share?

I'm seeing a lot of top notch games missing. Namely Titans of Space and Super Mega Mega are real slick.
  • tuxguytuxguy Posts: 41
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but is there anyway to get a share link beside feedback?
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    @ssshake: Sharing is disabled for now. Will be back soon.

@tuxguy: I am not sure what you are asking. Can you be more specific?
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • tuxguytuxguy Posts: 41
    I was just wondering if a quick link to the share website could be added to the developer center somewhere... or if there is one, could someone point it out to me?
  • drashdrash Posts: 2,849
    Neo
    tuxguy wrote:
    I was just wondering if a quick link to the share website could be added to the developer center somewhere... or if there is one, could someone point it out to me?

It's just share.oculus.com. I think when it was first released there was a way to log in with your OVR developer credentials but then the site died and then Gamescom and etc. We'll see when it comes back up for us to submit our works.
  • GanjaroachGanjaroach Posts: 449
    Hiro Protagonist
    its not to hard going to rift enabled,the rift list, or searching the forums but this should help organize everything so people aren't having to post stuff all over to get their demos/games out there. So far it looks great and very well put together hopefully one day it will be something like steam or even on steam. :)
  • urwinurwin Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    Congrats Team Oculus, awesome.
    Neo
    So I see that there's a bright orange link up for submitting apps to Oculus now. I made a submission as soon as the site let me (yesterday), which in retrospect may have been too early as now I'm left wondering if it all went through OK. Adding screenshots was a bit touch and go at first. Other than that, the submission process is fantastic!

Couple of lingering questions though:
    1. I'm still not completely sure of the downsides to providing my own download link vs having Oculus host it. For example, I see iRacing has 0 downloads and I'm sure that is because there's no way for Share to know if someone downloaded and signed up for iRacing. But what if I provide my own direct download link (via Adrive or something), will it still increment the downloads counter on Share if someone grabs it that way?
    2. Can anyone from the Oculus team comment on the planned timeframe between submission and promotion to Share (or rejection), and whether there will be once-a-week dump of new apps (a la Apple App Store), or will they just sort of trickle in as they are approved, etc?
  • AlleAlle Posts: 11
    Cool, will check it out
    I would recommend having Oculus host the content. Unless you have a specific business reason for hosting externally (for example iRacing w/ their subscription model) then it would be better to have it hosted on Share w/ download number tracking, etc. It also avoids a negative user experience if the hosting site has ads, or the download link becomes broken, etc.

We say it could be a few weeks for submission approval. In reality, it could be less than a week but it really depends on the kind of volume we are talking about. Most likely apps will just trickle out as they get approved.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Neo
    Thanks for the info Cyber, I'll be sure to switch to Oculus hosting once I'm able to. :)
  • RuudscornerRuudscorner Posts: 442
    Art3mis
    I would recommend having Oculus host the content. Unless you have a specific business reason for hosting externally (for example iRacing w/ their subscription model) then it would be better to have it hosted on Share w/ download number tracking, etc. It also avoids a negative user experience if the hosting site has ads, or the download link becomes broken, etc.

We say it could be a few weeks for submission approval. In reality, it could be less than a week but it really depends on the kind of volume we are talking about. Most likely apps will just trickle out as they get approved.
    Does this mean you have quality control and won't let everything be on Share?
  • @Cybereality

I've setup my application and once the upload is complete I go to verify the upload by downloading it and it downloads a 0kb zip file. The upload meter says 100% for my 190MB app. Not too sure if this is a bug or if sharing is still disabled which affects the uploading of an app. Or if my app has actually uploaded successfully and I should submit it as is?

I've contacted support, but thought I'd try here as well.
    @Ruudscorner: Yes, there will be some basic quality control. For example, if the app does something weird that makes people sick (spinning around the camera or whatever), then it won't get approved. We will then work with the developer so that they can fix the problem and re-submit.

@MrRandom: I wasn't aware of an issue, but let me look into this for you.
    @MrRandom: What is the name of your app? I can check on your submission.
  • @MrRandom: What is the name of your app? I can check on your submission.
    Thank a lot for the help.
    App name is H.M.W.S, I just submitted it a few minutes ago.

Just to help narrow it down, I'm running Windows 8 with Internet Explorer 10. The loading bar does not increase or does my network seem to be uploading any data.
    I tried the latest version of Firefox (23.0.1) and that seemed to upload the entire App but when I go to preview/verify the file it gave me an error. The upload bar on that stopped at 100% and didn't change for an hour or so.

Hope that's of some help, and didn't realise there was a bugs section on the forum, would have posted there if I knew ;)
  • SerkSerk Posts: 207
    Art3mis
    MrRandom wrote:
    @MrRandom: What is the name of your app? I can check on your submission.
    Thank a lot for the help.
    App name is H.M.W.S, I just submitted it a few minutes ago.

Just to help narrow it down, I'm running Windows 8 with Internet Explorer 10. The loading bar does not increase or does my network seem to be uploading any data.
    I tried the latest version of Firefox (23.0.1) and that seemed to upload the entire App but when I go to preview/verify the file it gave me an error. The upload bar on that stopped at 100% and didn't change for an hour or so.

Hope that's of some help, and didn't realise there was a bugs section on the forum, would have posted there if I knew ;)
    I was having a similar problem with Firefox. Tried again with Chrome and it worked just fine.
  • @Serk

Awesome, thanks for the tip, I will give it a try once I'm able to re-edit :)

EDIT
    @Cybereality
    I just realised I submitted with this account as well, when I was supposed to submit with my companies (RandomStudios) account.
    Ive tried Serk's suggestion and everything uploaded fine and I was able to submit everything ok.
    Am I able to cancel/delete my upload of H.M.W.S from the account 'MrRandom' at all since it probably has a corrupt file?

Thanks for all the help guys
    OK. I will have someone take a look.
  • moltonmolton Posts: 388
    Hiro Protagonist
    I'm also having upload issues with Oculus share, the progress bars go to 100% over the amount of time it should take to upload the files, but it just hangs at 100%. I've done one platform at once and tried all 3 at once, I left my computer on uploading the files when I went to work yesterday and when I got home the progress bars all said 100% and it had been chilling there for like 8 hours so I doubt anything was going to change, I'm downloading chromium for Ubuntu now, hopefully I'll be able to upload with that.

Edit: yeah, it works with chromium, I guess it doesn't work right with firefox, thanks for the tip.
  • cool site and all, but the one big problem I'm having is I can't download anything ...
    I click on download and it just reloads the page.
    Using firefox and windows 7
    any help?
    order number 057xxx
  • KenzieKenzie Posts: 118
    @nightscar
    I think the site is having some issues. I noticed last night that it is not loading the game comments or ratings. I just checked and these are still not loading and I get the same problem as you if I try and download a demo.

I have sent an email to Oculus Support just letting them know there is an issue.
  • dopingVRdopingVR Posts: 112
    Hiro Protagonist
    Yeah I can't download anything aswell. Hope they fix it soon.