Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Allegedly Preparing Xbox Upgrade Capable of Running Oculus Rift

Mr_Wilde
Heroic Explorer
3 REPLIES 3

Zandil
Rising Star
Interesting, but not all that surprising, hopefully we will see some cross support between PC and Xbox games.

in6seconds
Expert Protege
saw it coming as soon as I heard the cv1 had an xbox controller, it would be the only way xbox will compete with the playstation (psvr) at next e3

CrashFu
Consultant
The company that brought personal computers into the average person's home, and the company that wants to bring VR into the average person's home, having a partnership of sorts?  That's rather poetic.

I can't really say that I've seen ANYTHING from the current gen Xbox that impressed me (except for that cool Sunset Overdrive game) so I'd say they could definitely use the leg-up the Rift would give them.  Does make you wonder if/how Touch would work on the Xbox, though; will it function with just the one Rift sensor Touch comes with? Can the Kinect camera function as a replacement for a Rift sensor?  Or will Xbox Rifters just be left out when it comes to motion control?
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.