Remote stopped working? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Remote stopped working?

CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
edited May 2016 in Support
I thought at first that maybe I somehow wore the battery out already (which seemed unlikely since I've had my Rift for 9 days, but who knows maybe I got a defective battery or maybe it was pressing against something in storage and remaining "on" for extended periods of time)   but a battery replacement hasn't worked, the Oculus Remote just won't turn on at all.

Strange, since it was working perfectly fine one day and then just stopped the next.

Any common problem fixes I should attempt, before sending an email to Support to ask about getting a replacement?

Also anyone know if they'll charge me for a replacement (and how much) or is that only if you don't have the original to send back to them first?  Any minor replacement expense isn't really an issue, mind you, I'm just curious.

EDIT:  Wait, nevermind, I guess the replacement battery DID work.  How do I delete this thread?

EDIT 2:  Nope now it's not working again.. is the battery alignment just really sensitive or something?  x.x
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Comments

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,088 Valuable Player
    Sounds like a faulty remote; either that or the signal is being lost in transit. The good news is that much of what can be done with the Remote is also doable with the Xbox controller (e.g., navigating through Oculus Home). The only situation I can think of where the remote doesn't work so well is maybe Farlands.

In any event, I would open up a support ticket and then send the Ticket number to cybereality.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • jenkaajenkaa Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Same here. Where can we open a support ticket?
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,109 Volunteer Moderator
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.