cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanent Fix for False "Doesn't meet minimum" message

BitVar
Protege
-- Somehow my previous discussion was deleted when I tried to update the subject with new paste links (the old ones expired) so here it is again --

I created a scheduled task that runs at startup to
fix the minimum requirement for CPU everytime you logon to your PC. It
updates your CPU to be an "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @
3.90GHz" which is above the minimum. I did this because there is no way
to disable the message and it is HIGHLY annoying since I have a 3770K
overclocked which is pound for pound a superior processor to the i5
minimum. Alternatively if you don't feel comfortable with a task you can
just grab the Two.bat file below and run it instead (as admin of
course). I've provided these at a paste site so you can see the source
for yourself and decide if it is safe to run. Make sure when you save
these pastes to just save the contents, not the webpage (that would be
silly). The task that this creates runs as NT Authority by the way.

1) Save this http://pastebin.com/JwUxfMvy as One.bat on your homedrive (usually C:)

2) Save this http://pastebin.com/q8DJdQaQ as Two.bat on your homedrive (usually C:)

3) Save this http://pastebin.com/dGKviHtH as OculusTask.xml on your homedrive (usually C:)

Once that is done all you need to do is right-click on One.bat, run
it as Administrator and it will do all the magic for you, and now
every-time you login to your PC (with any account) an administrator task
will execute the fix, thus permanent.

If you are curious to see how it looks on my PC check out this screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/VFOyroS.jpg

Good luck and see you in the Rift!

-Bitvar

14 REPLIES 14

BitVar
Protege
BTW a funny quirk about Windows 10 requires you to go into your folder options and enable the box to view extensions. That should ensure these scripts work (I always have all filetypes shown so I never notice these quirks). If it still doesn't work enable the checkbox to allow viewing system files in folder options.

MeioJo
Expert Protege
So if my Oculus files are on D drive than I do all of this on D correct?

BitVar
Protege

MeioJo said:

The batches only care about where your Windows drive is because they use the system variable %homedrive%. So create the batches wherever Windows is installed (usually the C drive). This doesn't modify Oculus files, only the registry Oculus looks for to determine if you meet requirements.

BitVar
Protege

MeioJo said:

The batches only care about where your Windows drive is because they use the system variable %homedrive%. So create the batches wherever Windows is installed (usually the C drive). This doesn't modify Oculus files, only the registry Oculus looks for to determine if you meet requirements.

BitVar
Protege
Please note everyone, you will probably need to have extensions VISIBLE to do this fix. To understand how that is done please see this tutorial: http://kb.winzip.com/kb/entry/26/

You'll want to make sure all extensions are not hidden.

useless
Honored Guest
I've run the scripts, and it has modified the registry settings  - which I can see by looking at the system details, but its still failing the SSE4.2 check. My system is a dual Xeon workstation, but an old one. I tried modifying the script to change 'all' of the reported CPUs, but still no joy. Any thoughts?

BitVar
Protege

useless said:

I've run the scripts, and it has modified the registry settings  - which I can see by looking at the system details, but its still failing the SSE4.2 check. My system is a dual Xeon workstation, but an old one. I tried modifying the script to change 'all' of the reported CPUs, but still no joy. Any thoughts?

Hey man, I don't know if you're still having problems but first round of troubleshooting would be to A check to verify your account is administrator and B verify your folder view settings are like this: (otherwise some stupid user permission flag in Windows 8-10 will stop the scripts from running if they aren't running as system, which they aren't, they're running as your interactive profile).

You should not need to modify the other processor flags since Oculus still only looks at 0 (I just checked today after some big update). Also after the scripts successfully run you should probably go back in and set "don't show hidden files" because it can be annoying to see all the .ini configurations for folders all the time.

useless
Honored Guest
Thanks for replying. The scripts are running fine - I can see the i7 processor when I look at 'My Computer->Properties'. I'm an admin, and the properties are as you show above. I still get the unsupported CPU message. Very strange.

EvilMadcat
Honored Guest
I have the same Problem i see the i7 4770 k but i get  the sse 4.2 info