cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitz and the Tantrums - Out of My League (Oculus Rift Remix)

Tummler
Honored Guest

Just the music video for “Out of My League” by Fitz and the Tantrums, inside a giant purple cube.

I created this for a couple of reasons:

1) As a proof-of-concept for short-form musical VR content. This particular video works because the shots are framed from the center, with people/objects moving out toward the edges symmetrically. So each "screen" lines up in the corners of the cube and walls appear to melt into one another.

2) To serve as an example of "plug-n-play" VR content (i.e. simple, straightforward user experience). You just choose from low, medium, and high quality settings, select your resolution, then sit back and enjoy. It closes out automatically when the video ends.

3) It's a great song and great video. 😉

I'm working with some artists on more compelling made-for-VR music/video content, but this is a quick example of how compelling the right "2D" content can be in the right environment. And it's a great way to show off the Rift without teaching any controls.

Headphones are highly recommended!

Website
WIN Download (Mediafire)
MAC Download (Mediafire)

I'd love feedback, let it rip. 😄
4 REPLIES 4

cybereality
Grand Champion
Cool.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Gateshot
Explorer
I really like this demo. Its clean, simple and well rendered. Great video choice too, the kaleidoscope visuals are slick 🙂
Did not notice any kind of lag or bugs. This would be a great starter demo to intro people to the rift, right up there with Blue Marble I'd say. Future addition of Vevo video streaming or something would be awesome. I could see this turning into some kind of multiplayer virtual club or concert. Thanks for sharing.

DaveJVR
Honored Guest
I really enjoyed this its a cool proof of concept. and it works well on my mac yay 😄

tgriff
Honored Guest
Well done.