New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Looking for Oculus friends

ccgrccgr Posts: 13
NerveGear
I've been playing Pinball FX2 VR and only see my name on the leader boards. If anyone has this game or wants to expand their Oculus friends list, my username is ccgr. Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• GenetixStudioGenetixStudio Posts: 770
    3Jane
    I love Pinball FX2 VR - feel free to add me if you wan "genetixstudio" - i'll try to remember and add you later tonight otherwise.
  • ccgrccgr Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    request sent!
  • MradrMradr Posts: 3,738 Valuable Player
    =/ i dont have any friends
  • ZandilZandil Posts: 975
    3Jane
    edited June 2016
    Mradr said:
    =/ i dont have any friends
    If you had an eye patch like me you would have more friends ;)

Feel fee to add Zandil 
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,016 Valuable Player
    ccgr said:
    I've been playing Pinball FX2 VR and only see my name on the leader boards. If anyone has this game or wants to expand their Oculus friends list, my username is ccgr. Thanks!
    I don't think adding friends will change what you see on the leaderboards. There's no way of interacting with friends in Oculus Home that I'm aware of.
    NerveGear
    requests sent
    NerveGear
    lovethis said:
    ccgr said:
    I don't think adding friends will change what you see on the leaderboards. There's no way of interacting with friends in Oculus Home that I'm aware of.
    I can see friend scores on the leaderboards now.  They all beat mine :(
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,708 Volunteer Moderator
    I don't have Pinball FX2 but feel free to add me
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18363.720)
    NerveGear
    Request sent, I love Daft Punk :)
  • RobHermansRobHermans Posts: 712
    3Jane
    edited June 2016
    I have PinballFX 2, you can add me if you like (username is the same as on these forums).
    I've only played a little bit, but there's a score on each table, I think. B)

If you're REALLY into this game, or if you just want to get to know those tables better, there are some awesome guides written by ShorykenToTheChin (lol). Here are links to .pdf files for the 3 tables currently in the game:

Epic Quest:
    http://www.pinballfx.com/press/table_guides/Epic Quest Table Guide By ShoryukenToTheChin.pdf

Mars:
    http://www.pinballfx.com/press/table_guides/Mars Table Guide By ShoryukenToTheChin.pdf

Secrets of the Deep:
    http://www.pinballfx.com/press/table_guides/Secrets_of_The_Deep_Table_Guide_By_ShoryukenToTheChin.pdf
    NerveGear
    Request sent.  Zen studios tweeted me the same links :)
  • maxpare79maxpare79 Posts: 1,783
    Project 2501
    You can add me too, I just bought Pinball Fx 2 days ago, will give it a go tonight
    I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 [email protected], 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Feel free to add me, though I don't play Pinball Fx.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • danknugzdanknugz Posts: 1,988
    3Jane
    You can add me (danknugz)

Although personally I am waiting on the pinball arcade, shame because it looks like they have a rift version available, but it's been renamed "stern pinball arcade" so everyone who bought tables for pinball arcade has to rebut them, and only like 4 tables are available - very shady
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.
    Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?
  • GenetixStudioGenetixStudio Posts: 770
    3Jane
    A thousand thanks to you Cyber - I added you a few weeks before I got my Rift and see you online all the time. Have not yet seen any response from Palmer or anyone else at Oculus, hoping to one day beat Mr. Luckey in a round of Airmech ;)
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,143 Valuable Player
    I don't play Pinball but I do play Blazerush (also multiplayer). Add me if ya like: Zenbane
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,423 Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 2016
    The Friend list is a bit of a mystery to me, as I've yet to see any function for it other than seeing who's online. Maybe it's just that I don't play much multiplayer. Nevertheless, I started getting a few random friend requests, so it seemed like a good idea to build up a list of people I'm friendly with here on the forums. Feel free to add me, same name as here.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
    NerveGear
    Requests sent, thanks!
  • ZandilZandil Posts: 975
    3Jane
    Brought Pinball FX, really enjoying it, oh and BAM top score for Mars ;)
    NerveGear
    nice!
  • maxpare79maxpare79 Posts: 1,783
    Project 2501
    Took Pinball for a spin last night I tought I had a really decent game with my 4 000 000 score lol then I saw @RobHermans scores and I saw that I still had a long way too go lol... Guys feel free to hit me up with friend invites, lets make things interesting on that leaderboard :smiley:
    I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 [email protected], 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    edited June 2016
    I don't have Pinball ...yet but feel free to add me! :D

FrozenPea
    3Jane
    edited June 2016
    Thanks for that @maxpare79 , it's all relative... I'm no expert by any stretch, although I've played it quite a lot on XBox360. My scores pale into insignificance compared to what's possible; for example my best on Mars with the Rift so far is about 40M, whereas on XBox360 it's like 170M :o ...but then that's pants compared to what the dedicated wizard can achieve.
    I highly recommend looking at those guides I posted earlier in the thread, as it becomes a lot easier to score big once you understand the objectives better.
  • moggie007moggie007 Posts: 124
    Art3mis
    you can add me i don't have my cv1 yet but already purchased fx2
    would you guys recommend this game for someone(myself) who has never really played any pinball game before apart from that old windows one? :P
    3Jane
    edited June 2016
    FrozenPea said:
    would you guys recommend this game for someone(myself) who has never really played any pinball game before apart from that old windows one? :P
    Not sure which pinball game you mean when you refer to "that old windows one", but this game is quite different, even compared to the same game on other platforms. The game is not trying to recreate existing classics; the sharpness of the designs give a more futuristic feel.

Imo it's a very well-made game, and stays true to the other version I know on XBox360. The VR version has an amazing depth to it, and it's very nice to be able to lean over the table and move from side to side to see the extra 3D-ness of it compared to playing it on a TV. I love the way the whole environment changes when you load a table; even the scenery outside the hall changes to match the table's theme!

A couple of negatives - 1) resolution: it's just not as crisp as playing it on a monitor, but you knew that! 2) neck ache: I find I'm looking down all the time instead of straight ahead, so after less than 30 mins the back of my neck needs a rest. There IS a reset view button, but I'd like to be able to reset it so that I can look straight ahead, and it doesn't do that; the vertical adjustment is restricted in some way.

Overall, unless you're into playing old favourite real world recreations, this is the best pinball game you're likely to find on the Rift, or anywhere else for that matter. Of course, the game genre is an acquired taste, and the repetitive nature of it would put some players off. For me, it's infinitely challenging; there's no final objective, and every game is different. Look out for the inevitable expansions beyond the 3 currently available tables... I think I've got over FORTY tables for the XBox! :no_mouth:
    @RobHermans Thanks so much for the great write up, I really appreciate it!

I guess not being a die hard pinball fan I'm just more interested to see how it would work in VR and it does look like a lot of fun and well suited to the medium, hopefully it might be in a sale soon and then I'll definitely give it a go! :smile: 

Also this is what I meant! :P Played this loads as a kid on my mums computer when I had no money for real video games:

3Jane
    edited June 2016
    You're welcome. :)

Well, I wouldn't say it's the best game to show off what VR is capable of, you don't look around much...

Ah yes, iirc Full Tilt came with Windows98. PinballFX 2 is in another league. B)
  • DunnbagDunnbag Posts: 1
    edited July 2016
    Add me on Oculus - Dunnbag :)
  • BleppeBleppe Posts: 189
    Art3mis
    Feel free to add me - Bleppe