New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

replacement dk2 sensor

EricPrattEricPratt Posts: 14
NerveGear
I've been looking for a replacement sensor for my dk2 for a long time. I've been hoping either Oculus would offer the parts for sale or I can find one on ebay but no luck. Any options?
Tagged:

Answers

• EricPrattEricPratt Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Any thoughts?
  • nAV2016nAV2016 Posts: 515
    Trinity
    contact oculus?
  • MikeFMikeF Posts: 423
    Nexus 6
    I think you'l need to get a whole new dk2 since the sensor is synced with the headset it ships with
    NerveGear
    Oculus has maintained that they do not sell the senor seperately. They would send me one if it was defective. I am not under the impression that sensors/headsets are paired.
    NerveGear
    Any ideas?
  • RobHermansRobHermans Posts: 712
    3Jane
    edited June 2016
    I don't think the sensor and HMD are "paired" in the sense that you can only use one sensor with one specific device (like Bluetooth "pairing"), but in the sense that they come as a package and you can't buy one without the other. I tend to agree with @MikeF , but not for the reason he states! You would have to replace the whole kit.
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 3,962 Valuable Player
    out of curiosity I just checked ebay... DK2's are still going for around £350.. starting bids at around £150, I was expecting them to be cheaper now
    Gateway 2000, Pentium II 300 Mhz CPU, 64Mb RAM, STB Velocity 128 AGP Graphics Card with 4MB SGRAM, 6.4Gb Hard Drive, US Robotics 56.5kbps Internal Modem, 12/24x CDROM Drive, Ensoniq AudioPCI, Windows 95.
    3Jane
    Indeed, I sold mine about 6 weeks ago, and I was surprised I could still get £350 for it at that time.
    I was thinking of keeping mine as a piece of tech history but may think again!
    Gateway 2000, Pentium II 300 Mhz CPU, 64Mb RAM, STB Velocity 128 AGP Graphics Card with 4MB SGRAM, 6.4Gb Hard Drive, US Robotics 56.5kbps Internal Modem, 12/24x CDROM Drive, Ensoniq AudioPCI, Windows 95.
    3Jane
    edited June 2016
    The DK2 was already quite advanced; CV1 isn't a MASSIVE leap forward... DK1 would be considered quite a nice relic in a few decades, though. :)
    It would be cool to have several previous incarnations of VR headsets and start a museum. And if you're only putting them in a display cabinet, you won't need the sensor, so you can donate that to @EricPratt:p

donate or sell?

good grief... a DK1, sealed in it's original shipping box is on offer for £1,374

NerveGear
    Any ideas?
  • xi11ixxi11ix Posts: 263
    Nexus 6
    I suggest opening a ticket with Oculus Support
    3Jane
    EricPratt said:
    ...Any options?
    EricPratt said:
    Any thoughts?
    EricPratt said:
    Any ideas?
    EricPratt said:
    Any ideas?
    Several posters have given their options, thoughts and ideas. Either you're not reading them, or the responses are not what you wanted to hear. Whatever the case, asking the same question over and over isn't going to change the answer.
    NerveGear
    Any ideas?
    NerveGear
    Still looking for a DK2 Sensor if anyone has one. To review, Oculus will not sell one and no, I'm not looking for a new DK2, just the sensor.
  • ChoronzonChoronzon Posts: 339
    Nexus 6
    You've been mulling over the same shit for how long - ten months? In that time you could've climbed Everest, completed a two-piece jigsaw puzzle, or given birth to kittens.
  • reddeath360reddeath360 Posts: 342
    Art3mis
    you can not use any sensor but the one that came with it how hard is that to understand you have a paper weight sell it its over