I stopped using my Gear VR for about a week (placed in a drawer), I noticed the latest update and the gear VR is not detected by the phone when inserted. It worked before the update flawlessly and I was disappointed problems from the DK1, DK2 days have come back (completely ruining the experience).
I have tried a lot to fix this and nothing has worked. Starting with:
- Reset phone - didn't work
- Uninstalled/reinstalled app - didn't work
- Factory reset phone - Worked until the Oculus app updated again...seriously
- Tried different Gear VR - still nothing on my phone S7 (at this point the problem is obviously the phone and the only thing that has changed on my phone since the last time I used the gear VR was the oculus update
- I have tried my Gear VR in my mates S7 and it works like normal, back in my phone nothing
I am done with Oculus at this point, Nothing but problem after problem after poor customer service. Do one thing right and help me get my device working without waiting an eternity on a reply from customer service, thanks.
Any help from someone with similar problems please chime in!