cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KartKraft

Anyone have experience of this?

http://kartkraftgame.com/

d02ja4banho9.jpg

It's been under development for quite some time and currently under closed-beta testing on Steam... wondering if any of you guys have tested it? By all accounts this is super realistic.. and I love karting.

The hexapod motion simulator looks mouth-watering too!

7 REPLIES 7

minimoo
Explorer
I'm a racing sim enthusiast as well and was expecting this too. 

this was meant to come out in Q1 as pre-release but it seems to be delayed somehow 

it's on my buy list anyway (I buy most racing games in general)

I've been gravitationg towards the karting offered by Project CARS lately but it doesn't feel quite like a complete experience... needs more dedicated kart tracks I think. Kartkraft's definitely on my list too

museumsteve
Protege
Just seen an article on ISRTV..Early access has been delayed by around 8 weeks.
http://www.isrtv.com/kartkraft/kartkraft-early-access-has-been-delayed/

I think this was originally called KartSim and was Green-Lit over 2 years ago, I remember watching a video of it back then. Then it became KartKraft with a bigger dev team and planned for early access last year. Sounds like it may still be a pretty small team! The latest delay's no big deal.. better to get it right.

Steam doesn't list it as a VR title though so I hope they haven't dropped Oculus support for early access!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think this was originally called KartSim and was Green-Lit over 2 years ago, I remember watching a video of it back then. Then it became KartKraft with a bigger dev team and planned for early access last year. Sounds like it may still be a pretty small team! The latest delay's no big deal.. better to get it right.

Steam doesn't list it as a VR title though so I hope they haven't dropped Oculus support for early access!

Last I read - VR is almost certain, they demo'd the title in VR not too long ago.

Yeah hopefully Steam just hasn't got their labels sorted out

The alternative is that the early access version has temporarily dropped VR while they prioritise getting the game mechanics and other stuff sorted out right now.

Would love to hear from a beta tester!

Also, I've bee looking at 6dof motion simulators... the one KartKraft was using in the pic above looks very similar to the CKAS platform...

io6nwtkd2nvf.jpg

only £18,000 :|, so maybe someone knows of a cheaper version? or thinking of making their own???